MMPI as interview tool?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Alcoe80, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Alcoe80

Alcoe80

Tomorrow I have a second round interview at Hold Brothers, in Jersey City. Part of this interview is taking the MMPI, a psychological test. I was curious as to whether this was standard in the industry or particular to Hold Brothers?

Thanks for any input.

2. dvs

dvs

I used to work for Hold Brothers until they "downsized" the whole firm. What position are you interviewing for?

3. Alcoe80

Alcoe80

Its an interview for a trader position, and it sounds interesting. I've never traded before, but its what I want to do...what can you tell me about the place?

4. Alcoe80

Alcoe80

Trader Trainee that is...in their 'mentor' program.

5. dvs

dvs

do you know who your mentor is going to be? i am not sure who is actually left there...but they did have some real good traders there

6. The MMPI is THE psychological screening test(period). I used to administer 100's per year in a former career. Take the MMPI and they will have a really good handle on your personality--flaws and strengths. Be prepared for some amusing questions--and no I can't give you the correct answers--impossible.

7. Alcoe80

Alcoe80

I assume they use the MMPI to assess whether a candidate is psychologically fit to be a trader, but do you have to be certified to administer it? is there a confidentiality agreement on the results?

I really appreciate the help everyone...

8. Its been 15 plus years since I was involved with it so I don't know what has changed. However, the test administration is nothing--its a do it your self test paper and pencil,--used to be 566 or so questions. The skill is in the interpretation, but now much if not most has been computerized(happened after my involvement). Don't sweat it. You can not fake the results or stop your self from revealing yourself on it.