$MLNT

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by mr_byte31, Jun 21, 2019.

1. $MLNT was surging on 19.06.2019 by 223% due to the following reason :

I checked the FDA website approvals but I couldn't find any info about this approval on the same date that the stock rockets.

I only found outdated approvals for this company on 19.06.2017

does anybody know how can I get the new approvals from FDA website or any official website ?

I don't like to use yahoofinance , stockalpha , ... etc for such thing since they sometimes provide rumors !

2. check this website https://www.biopharmcatalyst.com/calendars/fda-calendar

vanzandt likes this.
  3. guru

guru

Interesting. My test bot shorted this thing yesterday at $6.61 and covered today at $5.03, for 23% profit. And right then I see this post.
    Anyway, it didn’t take a genius to figure out how to play this, unless my bot is a genius, haha.

4. The stock was over extended.
    the problem in this stocks it is very hard to borrow !
    if my broker allow me , I would short it on the close of its 223%

I am not looking here for strategy. I am searching for the news on the FDA so I can find the news !

TradeZero_Mohamed likes this.
  5. guru

guru

Understood. Just saw it here right after my test trade was closed, but in practice I wouldn’t be able to short borrow.
    I’d hope FDA does update or provide some info soon, or maybe you could call them since they may like to know if a company is providing false info...

6. what broker did you use for short ?

7. guru

guru

It was a test/practice short, without brokers (like a backtest but real-time)
    Btw, I see that MLNT has options, so it would’ve been possible to short by buying $7.50 puts yesterday. Safer too.

TradeZero_Mohamed likes this.
  8. check official website for company http://ir.melinta.com/press-releases

mr_byte31 likes this.
  9. Thanks for the link.
    I could find my answer :
    seems not approval on the drug but just a priority to review it.
    people on stock market was exaggerating about the news !

#10     Jun 21, 2019
    guru likes this.