mlm guru doug Allen thread closed. Why?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sushi, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Sushi

Sushi

The obvious question is why do most prop firms require a deposit despite having great coachi g and support? And the ones who don't charge a deposit have a specific method and edge the traders must follow..... The reason is. Traders who seek out capital simply don't have an edge. As proven by prop firms time and time again. Good prop firms teach an edge and not remote viewing tony Robbins feel good psychobabble. Allen is looking for an edge if he us legit but then says this coach who is a remote viewing psycic can teach you a trading edge. Something doesn't add up! So where died this leave us. Doug Allen is either super naive or has another agenda of which even savvy et members like Austin are falling for. Austin. How about doug using your replies in his new course without attributing them to you? How about that as losing something other than money in this endeavor? There are numerous ways you can be used and ripped that don't involve money directly out of your pocket

#51     Mar 5, 2009
  2. It is good of you guys to push on with this thread, but without old doug it is just not the same anymore .... where are the laughs

regards
    f9

#52     Mar 5, 2009
  3. <i>"however, stranger things have happened and I am open to information I don't have."</i>

It would have been nice if someone sane had actually taken the trial offer inside PureTick and report their experiences objectively here. Matter of fact, I'm willing to pay for a person's trial period and 100% objective reporting of their experience in that service now. Wouldn't that be much nicer to read about versus the repeated, endless verbal vomit spewed all over this message board from the terminally lifeless and/or borderline insane, day after miserable day?

By the same token, someone(s) can easily spend less time inside this offer examining it rather than 10x the time wasted speculating about myriad scenarios. What do you want... a speculative mind (jog) or the facts?

I'm too busy to speculate, my mind is occupied with 1,000 more important things. The facts will present themselves and stand on their own soon enough. Until then, who cares?

If there is a signifcant amount of capital to trade in the end as Doug assures, it can be a good outcome for someone(s). Anything otherwise will be one big failed effort for Doug and no loss for anyone else.

How much clearer can that fact be elaborated?

#53     Mar 5, 2009
  4. <i>"Doug Allen is either super naive or has another agenda of which even savvy et members like Austin are falling for."</i>

Sushi, I think you grossly underestimate me and others here.

Last post for me on the tired topic, will report what happens next when whatever does actually happen next.

#54     Mar 5, 2009
  5. Sushi

Sushi

ok Austin. When you see your words and edge in a course being on late night tv. Don't say you were not warned.

#55     Mar 5, 2009
  6. Interesting thought. Maybe he's trying to put together a wizetrade product of some sorts.

#56     Mar 5, 2009
  7. #57     Mar 5, 2009
  8. austinp, i understand your thought process and i think very similar to you. but at some point i think you have to anticipate the end result. just like in trading.

#58     Mar 5, 2009
  9. Banff01

Banff01

One thing that no one mentioned here so far is a MAJOR inherent flaw in Doug's business plan. Anyone trading for their own account with real money should be aware of this simple fact.

If I give you $1 mil trading capital and cover your losses what trading behavior will that lead to? Do you really think that people will trade responsibly just as with their own money? Such a business setup would inevitably lead to traders employing much higher risk strategies than they would trade normally with their own money which would quickly lead to the fund's bankruptcy.
    Just look at the current state of our financial system. :)

Another thing that does not check out is Doug's claim that he can't advertise because hedge funds can't advertise. As far as I know hedge funds can't advertise to solicit public funds but I see no reason why they could not advertise to look for traders or employees! So think about it, what is he really looking for here?

Also he uses some very basic marketing tricks: promise of a free lunch and limited space etc.. I'm just waiting for when he comes with a sign up deadline.:) But then he would shut the door on himself so it would not make any sense, right? Well it would not, unless he comes up with a concept of bringing traders in waves.

#59     Mar 5, 2009
  10. Lol.... it's really interesting getting to see into people's belief systems.

First, I am not giving away money.

Second, my outcome was to find possible traders to trade money. Nobody put me through anything. If I had a gift to give somebody, they could either choose to accept it or not. The same is true with insults. They're just words people type to make themselves feel good. I have a choice how to respond. Anybody who allows themselves to feel an emotional charge based on what an anonymous knucklehead says on an internet forum really probably doesn't have the mindset to be successful at much of anything.

And persistence is nothing more than staying focused on your outcome, right?

What "stinks" imo are people who hide behind aliases on internet forums so they can anonymously degrade other members of ET just to make themselves feel better. The people who signed up to explore my offer are decent people, not dumbasses. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain, and have separated themselves from the crowd by actually taking action instead of staying stuck and making fear-based decisions.

Why not point out the ET members who insulted these people, and talk about how what they're doing "stinks"?

Doug

#60     Mar 5, 2009