mlm guru doug Allen thread closed. Why?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sushi, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Dude... do you really have to keep posting that link!!!???? I think it's only fair if you're going to do that to post a pic of yourself too... I'm taking a wild guess nobody's mistaking you for Brad Pitt either... lol...

Doug

#31     Mar 4, 2009
  2. <i>"And just to be clear on this point: the biggest challenge we face is this environment of people like Bernie Madoff running off with money, etc. Nobody is eager to put money into somebody else's hedge fund."</i>

I'd assume you will setup a controller account that has no access to funds other than trade management. Everything $$ related is negotiable, math will work itself out or it won't. No harm done either way.

I expect the best, have nothing at risk and will be sure to report how things unfold as we roll along. Here's your chance to establish ironclad credibility and attract some number of other traders.

#32     Mar 4, 2009
  3. Banff01

Banff01

Say what you want, Doug. The problem with you is your neverending persuation. If any legit fund ever came here to look for traders it would post their basic info and let people compete for their accounts. While you are acting as a typical salesman. Your website is poor and unprofessional. If you had millions of dollars to trade you would at least pay for a decent web designer. If you are by any chance legit then please do something about that (take that as a free business tip!) :)

By a corporate presence I mean: office address, professional website, phone number where you can actully reach someone. You have posted a mailbox number with an excuse that you don't want people to know where you live? What kind of excuse is that? You must be kidding me!

#33     Mar 4, 2009
  4. #34     Mar 4, 2009
  5. You are so right. This mofo scammer is trying to defuse his detractors offering one of his dumb accounts. AustinP was easily hooked in after pretending he was indifferent. NO surprise there. Sweet - absolutely sweet. But for him its a step up from spending his time studying flys being electrocuted in a bar-room zapper. :D

#35     Mar 4, 2009

6. I appreciate your suggestions.

What I can suggest to you is this... take it for what it's worth.

A person's beliefs sometimes betray them. The gentleman that funded me originally had no web site, and he came across as just an ordinary older gentleman. It wasn't until I met him at his summer home in the Adirondack's that had a 4-boat garage that I realized he was for real.

As for what's posted on the internet, I've been through this before... once a number and address goes online you will get flooded with calls and mail, along with people showing up at your door. If you doubt this, why not post your real name, address, and phone number in a reply to this.

What's interesting to me is that I am one of the few people here that's ever posted my real name and photo, and yet somehow for those who hide behind aliases that doesn't seem to be enough.

And if you know anything about hedge funds you'll understand that hedge funds are not permitted to do any public advertising. People who invest with me don't invest large chunks of money because somebody paid a web designer from Romania $1500 to make a "corporate" looking site with pics from iStockphoto. If anything if I were really a scam artist I would have set up a pretty web site just to give the impression I was something that I'm not.

What you see is what you get. I'm not trying to hide anything, and I'm not trying to be something I'm not.

So let's turn the tables...

Why don't you have a website with your photo and bio, and your trading results, so that you can attract OPM and leverage your skills into a multi-million dollar income? Do you already make enough money? Do you have a problem trading OPM?

Why aren't you trying to leverage yourself into making 10 times the money you're making trading your own account?

Just a business suggestion... :)

Doug

#36     Mar 4, 2009
  7. <i>"Sweet - absolutely sweet. But for him its a step up from studing flys being executed in a bar-room zapper."</i>

Not really... you should give that a try sometime. Come hang out with me this summer, we'll sit by the pond out back and watch zapped bugs fall into the water at night. You won't believe how the fish fight each other over fresh meat like that.

Or exoskeletons, to be exact. But I digress. A stout ale for both of us, assuming you are British or Canadian by grammar clues.

In any event, I ain't hooked on anything. There cannot be a victim when no money is lost. Champs, there won't be any money flowing out from me and into anything this process has in store. Just another lottery ticket... minus the $1 purchase this time

#37     Mar 4, 2009
  8. Strath

Strath

There are a number of things regarding this "Offer to Fund Traders" by the gentleman concerned.

Trying to look at this objectively, in the first instance, he has not asked for any money from anyone. If he had, everyone would run a mile away from him. So technically, the post cannot be called a scam and nobody here has lost anything.

Secondly, those people who have signed up, don't expect any funds to be given to you, not straight away anyway.

Why is that for?

The reason is simple. Lets give this gentleman the benefit of the doubt and assume that he is genuine. A Genuine Asset Allocator would want to see audited results first hand from the trader. In a good business relationship, the element of trust works both ways. Therefore, it is presumed that this Asset Allocator will ask traders for a audited track record from the people who have applied.

What about those who do not have a audited track record?

It is presumed that the Asset Allocator may put potential traders on a simulator for 6 months or so. Assuming that those traders show a acceptable Sharp ratio and acceptable drawdown percentage then perhaps "Doug" may then consider allocating to the trader perhaps say $100,000 of real money to trade with.

#38     Mar 5, 2009
  9. Sushi

Sushi

Austin practicing remote viewing. I can see it now! Say hi on the astral plane of trading success.

#39     Mar 5, 2009
  10. Well call me dumb but I filled in the questionnaire! It cost me nothing, in fact if anything I gained something from it for free (a couple of the questions made me think).

Anyway 'nothing ventured - nothing gained' as they say, what's to lose? No risk for a potential reward, sounds good to me!

I still don't see what the potential scam is though, perhaps one of the naysayers could spell it out for me (preferably in words of one syllable :) )

#40     Mar 5, 2009