ML(merrill lynch) pro tradespeed plateform how good?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Nana Trader, Sep 18, 2005.

1. CBD has an office right next to PHLX. I will visit them sometime next week and post back.

#11     Sep 22, 2005
  2. qtip

qtip

It is one thing to lose money on trading, but unacceptable to lose money because of software issues...

#12     Oct 7, 2005
  3. Does cbd offer any other alternatives other than tradespeed? I agree with you about your T/Speed review. They were on the ropes 2-3 months back and with the Merill Pax merger I can't imagine them resolving issues for a while.

#13     Oct 7, 2005
  4. xxtrader

xxtrader

prehistoric disaster??- Thats a gross exaggeration. Obviously this is someone posting who does not use TradeSpeed. TradeSpeed is a sophisticated software that is a Merril Lynch Product with alot of resources pumped into it - If anyone has doubts they should demo the software.

I have been using TradeSpeed for a few months now and have no complaints. Its features for MOC's and Basket trading are unmatched. I use stop orders all the time as well as limit order for all the mrkt makers. There were some issues with TradeSpeed about 2 weeks ago when it was being transitioned onto pax clearing, all the issues were resolved and Merril rebated traders for any inconveniences.

A few months ago i was using TradeSpeed for equties - and KAWBUNGA for futures and options, As of last week they rolled out the latest version of TradeSpeed and I trade equities options and futures all on one TradeSpeed platform.
    Anyway, that was my 2 cents

#14     Oct 9, 2005
  5. Any Tradspeed users here know if you can fire off orders into Tradespeed using Vb/Excel? Thanks

#15     Oct 12, 2005

6. Update, no visit or contact. Good luck. Sorry i couldn't help.

#16     Oct 13, 2005
  7. xxtrader

xxtrader

Not sure what you mean by firing orders using VB/Excel - all the execution and trade history windows are easily exportable to excel. There is a window called personal stock sorter that acts as a stock ticker window that you could trade from - either in baskets or indivdual stocks. The personal stock sorter window works like an excel sheet - you can cut copy and paste - export or import as many symbols as you want from an excel sheet or anywhere else.

#17     Oct 13, 2005
  8. xx, What I mean is that XL might have a list of 20 tickers and when I press an XL button, it would fire off 100 shares of all the 20 tickers at the same time at a limit price I specify,etc. IOW, instead of loading 20 tickers in a level 2 in Tspeed one at a time, 1 button in XL is needed to submit 20 orders.

#18     Oct 13, 2005
  9. xxtrader

xxtrader

Yes you can take as many symbols as you like from excel just highlight all of them and copy and paste into the Personal stock sorter window with one motion - all your symbols will populate - then highlight the symbols once they are in the stock sorter and right click - this will open a basket window - in the basket window you can pretty much do anything you want. you can set the share size to a default or change share size for all stocks in your list uniformally - you can change size for individual stocks in your list - you can select order destination - limit mrkt etc..it can calculate limit price from last price, bid offer etc... I encllosed some pics of the Personal stock sorter window.

#19     Oct 14, 2005