Mitt 'The Flip' Romney

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Mitt Romney: 'I'm not trying to return to Reagan-Bush.'
    vs.
    Mitt Romney: 'Ronald Reagan is... my hero.'

Mitt Romney: 'I respect and will protect a woman's right to choose.'
    vs.
    Mitt Romney: 'I never really called myself pro-choice.'

Mitt Romney: 'Relative to the leading candidates, some people see me as being more conservative.'
    vs.
    Mitt Romney: 'I'm not the most conservative candidate.'

Mitt Romney: 'My view is that we don't know what's causing climate change on this planet.'
    vs.
    Mitt Romney: 'I believe the world is getting warmer, and I believe that humans have contributed to that.'

Mitt Romney: 'I will work and fight for stem cell research.'
    vs.
    Mitt Romney: 'In the end, I became persuaded that the stem-cell debate was grounded in a false premise.'

Mitt Romney: 'I supported the assault weapon ban.'
    vs.
    Mitt Romney: 'I don't support any gun control legislation.'

Mitt Romney: 'Roe v. Wade has gone too far.'
    vs.
    Mitt Romney: 'I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years we should sustain and support it.'

Mitt Romney: 'I'm going to take burdens off the back of the auto industry.'
    vs.
    Mitt Romney: 'Detroit needs a turnaround, not a check.'

Mitt Romney: 'I'm not in favor of privatizing Social Security or making cuts.'
    vs.
    Mitt Romney: 'Social Security's the easiest and that's because you can give people a personal account.'

Mitt Romney: 'The TARP program... was nevertheless necessary to keep banks from collapsing in a cascade of failures.'
    vs.
    Mitt Romney: 'When government is... bailing out banks... we have every good reason to be alarmed.'

Mitt Romney: 'It was not my desire to go off and serve in Vietnam.'
    vs.
    Mitt Romney: 'I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and be representing our country there.'

Mitt Romney: 'I would like to have campaign spending limits.'
    vs.
    Mitt Romney: 'The American people should be free to advocate for their candidates and their positions without burdensome limitations.'

Mitt Romney: 'Those... paying taxes and not taking government benefits should begin a process toward application for citizenship.'
    vs.
    Mitt Romney: 'Amnesty only led to more people coming into the country.'

There's more but I didn't bother. You can see them at the below link, including context.

http://mittromneyflipflops.com/ (yes, he flip flops so much there's a website dedicated to tracking them)

To make a long story short, who the **** is this guy and what does he truly stand for?

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Getting elected.

3. So he can_____________________

4. Be "The Big Cheese" and go on extravagant vacations.. paid for by tax payers... you know, like Odumbo and Michelle.. and their dog.

5. What policies do you think he would support....and how in the hell can you possibly tell?

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Do whatever it takes to...get re-elected later.

7. Indeed. Walked right into that one.

8. The neocon warmongering Romney who says the Iraq war was the right thing to do,says that we should keep troops there and in Afghanistan and wants to start a war with Iran although he nor any of his 5 sons would ever fight on the front lines of a war....I'll pass

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Just like Odumbo is doing now. His sole purpose and interest is re-election.
    Not the economy, not jobs, not peace, not protecting American freedoms, not balancing the budget...just re-election.

10. Ron "The Kook" Paul... has zero chance.

#10     Dec 28, 2011