Mitt Romney won't rule out the possibility of a VAT Tax

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Jan 5, 2012.

1. achilles28

achilles28

This is from the guy who will "turn our economy around". Wake up, sheep.

In a recent interview on these pages, presidential candidate Mitt Romney refused to rule out a value-added tax (VAT). He suggested that this hidden form of a national sales tax—which is embedded in the prices of goods and services during the production process—might be appropriate, particularly as a way of financing other tax cuts.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203462304577134593785891220.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

2. Romneycare,pro choice,anti Reagan,anti gun etc now more taxes :confused: :confused: :confused:

3. achilles28

achilles28

^ This. Romney is a total fraud. Anti-gun, pro-choice, huge spending, technocrat. But that's how "conservatives" roll - they're idiots. But so is the left. The entire country is brimming with morons.

4. achilles28

achilles28

Who's the pussy that negged this thread, already?

There ya go. Just proves how delusional these so-called "conservatives" are.

5. Why is a consumption tax such a bad thing, especially if it's accompanied by a cut in other taxes (e.g. income and corp)? Wouldn't that be good for American society, generally? I don't really have a view, but I don't see why it necessarily has to be such a bad thing...

6. Ricter

Ricter

He's not anti-gun, he's anti-certain kind of gun. He's not pro-choice, he's pro-certain kind of choice. His record indicates he cuts here, spends there--sound rational to me. He may be a technocrat, but he's a successful businessman, too; that's what you keep saying would be best, right?
    His record of flipflops indicates he's trying to please a diverse audience. Practically speaking that makes him a centrist. Which, in our "if you're not with us you're against us" age, is his biggest problem.
    I think he could have a real shot at the presidency, but first he'll have to convince the independents that he'll be like Obama (economically), but with muscle this time (and not flipflop into "disastrous"--that's for you, Lukie--republican policy prescriptions).

7. Ricter

Ricter

That's a vote on you, not your thoughts. Everyone gets the same treatment here.

8. achilles28

achilles28

Oh, you mean like Europe? Where they slashed taxes after they passed the VAT?

9. Mvector

Mvector

Mitt is pure scum - hell no to VAT or any national sales tax - sick sick scum!

10. achilles28

achilles28

Ya, we all hate each other. One big happy family :D

But no. Every Ron Paul thread gets instantly negged. Every negative Ron Paul thread is rated 5 stars. There's a pattern. Lots of neocon lurkers. Pussies.

#10     Jan 5, 2012