Mitt Romney Vs. Buffet

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tradingjournals, Aug 23, 2012.

1. jem

jem

really... other than promises to the bill gates foundation what has buffet done other than have his moody's screw up the ratings on bonds so school teachers could lose their retirement.

buffet is a financial gangster, a bankster, lying sack of shitster.
    he pretends he cares about his secretary's taxes as his company's loot the treasury.

he says taxes rates don't matter

as his cio Charlie Munger explains that ebitda is bullshit earnings... because what matters is earnings after taxes.

#41     Aug 24, 2012
  2. Epic

Epic

I think this thread does bring up an interesting question.

Would we rather have our nation's leader come from a broken home or what would typically be considered the ideal traditional family unit?

It seems that Romney is often discounted for having come from a perfect family as if that means he is less fit to lead. Our media then turns around and pile praise upon those who come from broken homes as huge success stories who are more qualified to lead.

Given that there is a huge amount of evidence to support the idea that we tend to perpetuate the situations of our own life, and it is often argued that a breakdown of the family unit is one of our biggest problems, it seems to me that the most qualified individual to lead us back to strong family units might be the person who came from one and is currently part of one.

This is sort of along the same lines as the following example.

Assume that the US is under-performing in education. We have two successful candidates. One is a drop-out while the other graduated with honors from a top 10 school.

Which is more fit to improve our education system?

#42     Aug 24, 2012
  3. wildchild

wildchild

He looks well fed in the pictures. I guess the dog meat was abundant.

#43     Aug 25, 2012
  4. Mittens is a one percenter, and knows nothing about struggle. It is the biggest reason why he cannot connect....with anybody.

#44     Aug 25, 2012
  5. Well except for the chia-pet hair in the second photo what's your point?

#45     Aug 25, 2012
  6. Unfortunately as detailed in my thread you are not a one percenter.

#46     Aug 25, 2012