Mitt Romney Tax Returns Released: Paid Just 13.9% Rate In 2010, Had Swiss Bank Accoun

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jan 24, 2012.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Even Mittens knew that a Swiss bank account would look terrible for a guy trying to get into the White House.
    Why did he close the account in 2010; the same year he declared his candidacy for President???...LOL

No big deal?
    Really???
    Yeah, a big deal and really dumb.

#51     Jan 24, 2012
  2. Epic

Epic

He declared his candidacy in 2007 and has been running ever since. :confused:

#52     Jan 24, 2012
  3. Obama: mentored and financed by Bill Ayers, unrepentant domestic terrorist; spent 20 years in radical black liberationist church pastored by racist nutcase who also mentored Obama.

Romney: had Swiss bank account, fully disclosed on tax return.

So which one will the media be obsessed with?

#53     Jan 24, 2012
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Remember that election in 2008?

#54     Jan 24, 2012
  5. Epic

Epic

I would choose a church or other respectable charity over the government for sure.

What if the tax code had a provision that legitimate charitable donations were dollar for dollar tax credits instead of deductions? Would be interesting to see how many people would choose to take their tax bill to zero.

#55     Jan 24, 2012
  6. Epic

Epic

I don't follow. You are the one suggesting that Romney closed the account just to look better because he was running for president. As coincidental evidence of this, you suggest that it was closed the same year he announced his candidacy.

I'm saying that for this assumption to be valid it would have needed to be closed in 2007. He started running for pres in '07, not 2010.

Add to that the fact that the account was fully disclosed and taxes paid. What is your argument?

#56     Jan 24, 2012
  7. Max E.

Max E.

Apparently every single rich person agrees with you. Why do you think you dont see guys like Buffet donating their vast fortunes to the federal government? Buffet knows as well as anyone that if he was to give it all to the government it would be fucked away within a couple weeks and nothing would be accomplished.

But if he gives his money to charities, he knows he can do alot more good.

Why is it that all these rich liberals who support a bigger government NEVER DONATE THEIR FORTUNES TO THE GOVERNMENT. This simple fact in and of itself should be cause for pro government people to turn around and say that maybe giving money to the government IS NOT the most efficient way to help people.

#57     Jan 24, 2012
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Epic...

Two different elections = two different declarations (officiallly).
    There was the 2008 campaign.
    Now there is the 2012 campaign.

#58     Jan 24, 2012
  9. Epic

Epic

I understand that. Did the account not exist in 2007?

#59     Jan 24, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Well if I had Mitt's phone number, I'd ask him.:)
    But, actually, you and I don't know whether he did or not.
    If he did, apparently, it was never revealed.
    Why would you want a President who believes in putting his money into another country's bank?
    Doesn't Mitt have confidence in the USA?

#60     Jan 24, 2012