Mitt Romney Tax Returns Released: Paid Just 13.9% Rate In 2010, Had Swiss Bank Accoun

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Just those of us actually paying more. YOU and your ilk wouldn't understand.

#11     Jan 24, 2012
  2. So he should have paid more to keep more losers like you on welfare?

#12     Jan 24, 2012
  3. I pay more then 15 % and still think taxes are too low

#13     Jan 24, 2012

4. Whats your comment on this. . . . luke ?

#14     Jan 24, 2012
  5. Typical mainstream media spin on this today. I was watching Bloomberg Tv this morning, and their report sounded like it had been written by the DNC.

The media was totally uninterested in John Kerry's much greater wealth or his taxes. of course, Kerry didn't earn it, so that somehow made it better in the left's eyes. ditto Teddy Kennedy. Do we recall any articles about his family wealth or taxes? How about the Clintons? Bill has "earned" enormous amounts giving speeches to influential audiences in places like Dubai. No one in the media lifts an eyebrow, even though his wife is Secretary of State.

The media was bored by the details of Kerry and Gore not giving anything to charity. Apparently, like so many other things with them, "giving back" is more of an abstract concept that is to be done by the little people and not the great thinkers of the left. Romney gave staggering sums to charity and his church. He'll probably be attacked for that too.

All in all, the media has played this exactly as we would have expected. After all, their moral leader President Obama has basically made bashing the rich and class hatred the foundation of his camapign, so the media has little option but to play along. So Romney is evil because he made money lawfully and invested it. If he had just married it or made money by influence peddling and connections, then perhaps a different story. Or if he gone around shedding crocodile tears and trying to pull the ladder up behind him, like Warren Buffet, then it might have been ok.

#15     Jan 24, 2012
  6. How about this one.

[​IMG]

Seneca

#16     Jan 24, 2012
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Exsqueeze me, but is anyone else concerned that a guy who wants to be President of the United States recently had a Swiss bank account???

#17     Jan 24, 2012
  8. Bermuda and the Cayman Islands as well :cool:

#18     Jan 24, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

I think one of us may be missing the point.

#19     Jan 24, 2012
  10. Epic

Epic

Someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I've looked through a lot of stuff, and I think these tax statements make Romney the most "charitable" candidate in modern history.

He probably won't let them, but if I were his campaign managers I would start working a certain angle very quickly.

"I don't pay the 30% that the liberals want, but instead I pay 15%. I then take the opportunity to donate an additional 15% to charity. This is the way our society should work. Minimal payment to government to handle only those things that should be required of them. Then a robust system of charities in the private sector that are more capable of taking care of those who need help."

They also don't want to bring the Mormon church into the mix, but I would point out that the church that he gives a sizable donation to each year has a welfare program that puts the government welfare program to shame in terms of efficiency and effectiveness.

#20     Jan 24, 2012