Mitt Romney stayed at Bain 3 years longer than he stated

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, keep reaching.... The reason his name was on documents was because he was still being cashed out by the other owners at Bain.... You cant just up and sell your majority stake in dozens of companies when they arent publicly traded companies....

J.W. Verrett, an attorney and economics scholar at George Washington University's Mercatus Center, also told Fox News that the original Globe report appeared to "be confused" about the SEC filings.

He noted they refer to "Bain Capital VI," which he described as an investment separate from Bain Capital itself.

"Saying that Governor Romney was the CEO of Bain Capital VI is like saying that I am the CEO of my retirement account ... it's a silly bit of legalese and it doesn't also mean I am CEO of all the companies in which I invest," he said in an email.

From the Washington Post Fact Checker:

There appears to be some confusion about how partnerships are structured and managed, or what SEC documents mean. (Just because you are listed as an owner of shares does not mean you have a managerial role.)

To accept some of the claims, one would have to believe that Romney, with the advice of his lawyers, lied on government documents and committed a criminal offense. Moreover, you would have to assume he willingly gave up his share to a few years of retirement earnings — potentially worth millions of dollars — so he could say his retirement started in 1999.

By virtually all accounts, Romney was focused on the Olympics in the 1999-2002 period. Yet because Romney had not legally separated from Bain, his name is littered across Securities and Exchange Commission filings concerning Bain Capital deals during this period. The crazy quilt of private-equity structures, in some ways, makes his ownership appear even more ominous, as the filings list hundreds of thousands of shares controlled by Romney.

#11     Jul 12, 2012
  2. Again, very foolish to bring up lies from the left, when you have such gigantic list of Romney's pure and unadulterated lies. You won't bother reading them, because you can't, but for those aren't drunk on the ABO team, here's the link:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3571778#post3571778

And, that's just for starters. Could care less about Bain, but to have the right wing extremists bring up lies, is ludicrous.

#12     Jul 13, 2012