Mitt Romney should release his tax returns

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Says Republican Governors,Senators , and House members

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns...bama-gov-wants-romney-tax-returns-128941.html

Alabama gov wants Romney tax returns

The AP reports on a new Republican calling for Mitt Romney to make his personal taxes available to the public:

On the sidelines of the National Governors Association meeting in Williamsburg, Alabama's Republican governor, Robert Bentley, called on Romney to release all the documents requested of him.

"If you have things to hide, then maybe you're doing things wrong," Bentley said. "I think you ought to be willing to release everything to the American people."

Bentley is a less of a problem, on his own, than the line of argument he articulated: that if Romney won't put his financial information out there in the open, there must be something objectionable about it.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71590.html

Chris Christie: Mitt Romney should release tax returns

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said Wednesday that Mitt Romney should put out his tax returns “sooner rather than later” but added that the former Massachusetts governor has already started speaking about the tax rate he pays.

“I would say to Governor Romney is that if you have tax returns to put out, you know, you should put them out sooner rather, than later because it’s always better in my view to have complete disclosure, especially when you’re the front-runner,” said Christie on NBC’s “Today Show.”

http://www.nationaljournal.com/2012...mney-should-release-more-tax-returns-20120710

Barbour: Romney Should Release More Tax Returns

Former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour said on Monday that Mitt Romney should release more tax returns, but said the issue didn’t “amount to diddly” in the campaign.

The presumptive Republican nominee has been hit hard lately by Democrats for not releasing more tax returns, which could shed light on Romney’s foreign investments in Switzerland, Bermuda and the Cayman Islands.

When asked on CNN’s The Situation Room whether Romney should release more of his tax returns, Barbour said, “I would. But should it be an issue in the campaign? I don’t think it amounts to diddly.”

The Romney campaign has previously said that the candidate’s 2011 tax returns were sufficient. However, Democrats are using Romney’s father as an example. George Romney, the late governor of Michigan and Republican presidential candidate, released more than 10 years of tax returns when he ran for office, a point that Democrats have repeated.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rick-per...t-we-need-for-you-to-release-your-income-tax/

Rick Perry Challenges Romney: ‘Mitt, We Need For You To Release Your Income Tax’

Tonight’s South Carolina Republican debate is off and running, and the candidates came out of the gate on the attack. After Newt Gingrich used his first question to immediately tackle Mitt Romney‘s record as CEO, Rick Perry followed shortly thereafter, citing the situation in a plant that Romney had bought and demanding more transparency, particularly to see Romney’s tax records.

The Georgetown manufacturing company was on Rick Perry’s mind, as he noted that “they picked that company over and a lot of people lsot their jobs there.” This he contrasted to his record, which he cited as “one of those that has been open to the public for quite a few years,” and added, “my income tax has been out every year. Mitt, we need to see your income taxes.”

The audience received the line to raucous applause, and Perry added an explanation that expanded beyond just wanting Romney to expose himself: “We cannot fire our nominee in September– we need to know now.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ntorum-calls-on-romney-to-release-tax-returns

Santorum calls on Romney to release tax returns

Add Rick Santorum to the list of Republicans calling for Mitt Romney to release his tax returns.

"I don't know why he hasn't released his tax returns. I think he should," Santorum said in an interview Monday on the Laura Ingraham radio show. The former Pennsylvania senator added that it was important especially for "someone with [an] enormity of wealth," like Romney.

"Well, let's see how he manages his own economy," Santorum said.

Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich have also called on Romney to release his tax returns. And President Obama's campaign has criticized the former Massachusetts governor for not doing so. The "Barack Obama" Twitter account, on Dec. 30, asked: "Why won’t Mitt Romney release his tax returns?"

2. Alabama gov wants Romney tax returns

lmao...

:D

People in alabama know math?

The only reason Alabama survived the finacial crisis is because they couldn't spell derivative.

3. Why? Romney has a bunch of money. So what. He made it the way the extremely wealthy make their money...investments. So what. He has money offshore. I'd be more concerned if he didn't, cause that would mean he's an f'n idiot. I don't care anymore about his tax returns than I do/did about Obama's birth certificate. Non issue for me.

4. Mav88

Mav88

If I were romney I'd offer Obama a trade- tax returns for all transcripts and senior undergrad thesis

5. Well this will clearly show Mitt is an evil rich guy and not the food stamp and disability guy Obama is.

6. Then Romney would have to release his transcripts as well an we know Romney doesn't like to release things

7. He inherited the presidential protocols from Obama.

8. McCain saw Romney's tax returns and picked Palin

This morning, during a DGA presser, Maryland Governor O'Malley introduced a new line of attacks against Mitt Romney : He pulled the Palin Card.

As you all know, in 2008, the McCain Campaign vetted Mitt Romney for VP and asked for his tax returns. According to various books, including Game Change, Mitt Romney sent many years of tax returns to the McCain Campaign. But after receiving them, the Campaign thought that Mitt Romney's tax returns would be too damaging to John McCain if he was picked to share the Republican ticket in 2008. So they went for then Alaska Governor Sarah Palin.

Yeah, Sarah 'I don't read newspaper' Palin was chosen over Mitt 'I know how the economy works' Romney.

So it's not a surprise to see Governor Martin O'Malley leads the charge with this new line. O'Malley, during a presser in Virginia, warned American voters to be suspicious of the fact that John McCain had rather picked someone like Palin over Mitt Romney :

"What about running for the office of the presidency this year makes it less important than the job that he didn't get over Palin the last time around?" O'Malley asked BuzzFeed, referencing the 23 years of returns Romney allowed McCain to examine while he was being vetted but hasn't released to the public.

Pressed in an interview at the National Governors Association meeting here whether there would be anything in those returns that would disqualify Romney from the presidency, O'Malley said he doesn't know — and that's why Democrats want to see them.

"But why would you pick somebody — why would you pick Palin over Romney?" he asked.

"His failure to release those is a bit of an implicit admission of...guilt," he added, portraying Romney's own individual wealth as the result of the trickle-down theories he advocates for the rest of the country. "There might not be anything illegal about any of it, but it's certainly not a good economic theory — unless you're a Romney."

Good point. Why would the McCain Campaign consider Mitt Romney as frontrunner then suddenly drop him as fast as they could only after receiving his tax returns ? Unless of course there was something in it deemed as too damaging for McCain. Even more damaging that Sarah Palin and her stupidity.

9. Obama released his tax returns and 2 birth certificates

10. Hopeful thinking on my part

Something is very damaging in those tax returns.Somebody from the McCain campaign sold Mitts tax returns to Obamas people.Obamas people leaks them to the press in November :)

#10     Jul 16, 2012