Mitt Romney Sent Millions to Mormon Church

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jan 18, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

[​IMG]

#51     Jan 18, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

[​IMG]

#52     Jan 18, 2012
  3. ==============
    Good points. God bless you and all capitalists:D

Well look @ bright side[Bright being good name];
    one morman out[John Huntsman, out,]
    1''socialized med/vulture'' Morman to go.:D

And while Mormans are not Christians[repeat NOT Christians];
    Dr Jerry Falwell did include them in his political org so called ''Moral Majority'':cool:

And frankly John Moses Browning was a morman;
    they still make good guns.:cool:

#53     Jan 18, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Unless I'm mistaken the Mormons are Christians. As long as they believe Christ is the way and the only way to the Father, we can let the, "Jesus showed up at a watering hole (the natural kind) in the Utah desert some time back" bit go.

#54     Jan 18, 2012
  5. Epic

Epic

Considering that the actual name of the church is "The Church of Jesus Christ", it would seem that any debate on that issue would be pointless.

Also, given what I know regarding the core beliefs of Protestant Christians, Mormons, and Catholics, I would tend to assume that the Protestant Christians would have a larger objection to a Catholic (both Gingrich and Santorum) in the White House. It seems that Mormon beliefs are actually closer to Protestant beliefs than Catholicism is to Protestant.

Strangely, Protestants seem to prefer the two Catholics over the Mormon. Seems a bit odd to me.

#55     Jan 18, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Think so, smart guy? How many Jesuses do you think could dance on the point of a pin?

; )

#56     Jan 18, 2012
  7. Epic

Epic

Not trying to be a smart guy. Just kind of pointing out the obvious.

Not sure I understand your riddle. Maybe I'm just not religious enough.

#57     Jan 18, 2012
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol.

Look, I cross swords with AK (well, a plastic spoon in his case) over the right of someone to contribute money to their church of choice and I respect that we have a "freedom of religion thing" here in the USA but...

...Mormanism is a seriously weird cult. They *do* wear magic underwear and they *do* believe Jesus Christ came to Ohio or some such thing. They did incorporate polygamy into their *early* lifestyle and most of the Mormans I've met have been judgemental pricks.

Aside from those small details I have no problem with people tithing or whatever it is called.

To a Protestant the Catholic Church is at least something recognizable as Christianity. Even Judaism is far more recognizable and understood than Mormanism. If we're going to elect someone wearing odd underwear it ought to be a Jew because they are as American as apple pie. :D

#58     Jan 18, 2012
  9. ammo

ammo

politicians,they are all dirt,if a rep or dem ,top of the heap

#59     Jan 18, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Ahh, it was Ohio, my mistake. Polygamy? Good for them! I've made (serial) polygamy a part of my life as well. Tithing? It's made their church freakin' rich. But, I'm just funnin' around. I really don't want to hear about Mormonism all year.

Edit: "To a Protestant the Catholic Church is at least something recognizable as Christianity. Even Judaism is far more recognizable and understood than Mormanism. If we're going to elect someone wearing odd underwear it ought to be a Jew because they are as American as apple pie."

Remember that old joke, about the guy who squeaks like a girl, and the doctor who checks him over for that finds that his nuts are pressed so hard against his pelvis that they'll have to be removed?

#60     Jan 18, 2012