Mitt Romney Plays the Birther Card

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Mitt is swinging for the fences. He needs a grand slam to tie, and he knows it.

#11     Aug 24, 2012
  2. Epic

Epic

I agree with the grand slam argument. I disagree that it had anything to do with that comment. It was just Mitt's lame sense of humor with his horrible comedic timing. He's easily on my list of top 10 worst at delivering a joke.

#12     Aug 24, 2012
  3. Just ask the PA legislator, and the guy who was taped saying how they did it to "....give the race to Romney, done!" Not much more need to be said in that regard.

There has been nearly zero cases of anything even close to voter fraud. This is a negative solution to no existing problem. Pathetic.

#13     Aug 24, 2012
  4. Epic

Epic

It has zero bearing on the election. It will have almost no effect on the outcome of the race. While about 12% of the population doesn't have an ID card, it is much lower amongst registered voters. Besides, pretty much all proposals that I've heard of suggest easy alternatives for those who don't take advantage of getting a free ID card.

It is a non-issue for the election. More than 1/2 of our country already has ID requirements, and other places like Canada have nationwide requirements. It really is a non-issue.

Besides that, you do realize that something like 70-75% of the country supports a photo-ID law, including a majority of Dems.

#14     Aug 24, 2012
  5. wildchild

wildchild

This is nothing more than the dems preparing an excuse for when they lose in November. I can hear the complaints already.

#15     Aug 24, 2012
  6. Epic

Epic

Some recent studies that I've read indicate that a photo ID requirement correlates to a total 1.5% decline in turnout. It is less than that if other forms are accepted, like two pieces of mail showing name and address, birth certificate, etc...

If you then pair that with election day registration and state sponsored free id cards, it goes down to less than 1/2% spread across both parties.

Only three states have proposed changes before November too. So I don't see the big deal.

#16     Aug 24, 2012
  7. jem

jem

if you lefties turned off msnbc you would know that

in the fax news polls Romney just picked up 10 points to go ahead

in the CNN poll he picked up 6 points to be within 2 - even though the poll is slanted to dems

and since the Ryan annoucement

7 to 8 polls are all withing the margin for error.

the nbc poll is on the line.

no polls on real clear politics... have Obama leading outside the margin... since ryan.

#17     Aug 24, 2012
  8. This actually might be the stupidest thing ever written.

I think 99.5% of the world has seen obama billions of times, so nobody needs to be reminded he is black.

It's stupidity, pure and simple.

#18     Aug 24, 2012