Mitt Romney is already selling the carcass of the United States to his masters...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Romney does seem to have bought into the same neo-con strategies that ruined Bush's presidency. As a conservative, I found it profoundly depressing to listen to the republican debates as the candidates, excepting Ron Paul of course, vied to see who could be the most pro-war.

Iran is an enemy of this country without a doubt, but we have had other, far more dangerous enemies. I'm not happy about them having nukes, but are they really more dangerous than Pakistan?

I don't pretend to have an answer for the Iran question. I don't believe Romney will precipitously go to war. He's too smart and too measured for that, but his comments certainly support the conclusion that he would.

It is important to give credibilty to our negotiating position by drawing a line that we will not accept Iranian nuclearization, so maybe that is what he is doing. Certainly Obama's wishy washy leadership is accomplishing nothing.

#21     Jul 30, 2012
  2. I will concede that I haven't been a big fan of your writing, as it seemed overly anti-american, but you make some good points above. We have spent way too much on a bloated military and idiotic foreign adventures, even as we have allowed our so-called allies to freeload off us.

Ron Paul made this very point in the debates. We have real needs here in this country. You can debate the wisdom of Social Security and Medicare, but people right here in the US depend on them. Are we really going tp cut them to free up funds for the corrupt Karzai regime in Afghnaistan or to provide funds for Iraq, which has the world's third largest oil reserves?

We spend hundreds of billions to defend Japan's oil supply and to defend a South Korea that directs its focus on taking advantage of our free markets while restricting its own. We have dozens of military bases in Europe, decades after any Soviet threat has evaporated. If they don't feel the need to provide for their own defense, why is it our responsibility?

Our infrastructure is falling apart. Washington, DC, our Nation's capital and the supposed capital of the Free World, has a third world power grid that goes down in any sizeable storm.

#22     Jul 30, 2012
  3. jem

jem

In response to OP.
    I agree we are starting to look like a carcass under Obama.

We have 3 goals.
    1. stop being a carcass
    2. security
    3. take back our country from the people it is being sold to.

Conclusion:

Obama and the Dems will continue to destroy our country and economy with no budget and no end to spending and regulations. Right now they are at 2.3 dollars for every 1 dollar of GDP. That will turn any economy into a carcass.

So Romney is superior on 1 very important issue.
    With respect to selling us out and global security ... he can't be any worse.

#23     Jul 30, 2012
  4. Romney has made it perfectly clear he's willing to set aside his own personal beliefs and be a puppet for the neo cons and hard right if he gets to be president

#24     Jul 30, 2012
  5. jem

jem

that should have read... 2.3 dollars in new debt not spending.

#25     Jul 30, 2012
  6. July 30, 2012

SouthAmerica: Here is another example of my anti-war writings which many Americans would interpret as being anti-USA, I wrote and posted this info about 3 years ago:

The Afghanistan War and the US economy
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...ge=6&highlight=vietnam war draft&pagenumber=1

In case Mitt Romney is elected president and start a new war against Iran, I wonder if he would also be willing to send his 5 sons to the frontline of that war to fight for Mitt Romney's warmongering ways?

#26     Jul 30, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

#27     Jul 30, 2012
  8. July 30, 2012

SouthAmerica: Reply to Lucrum

I have been aware for many years that every time I posted anything on the ET forums you go crazy and give 20 votes to my postings giving the worst rating.

It does not matter what I say, I have a guaranteed 20 votes and the worst rating from you.

I never paid any attention to these ratings anyway, with fools and brainless people like you being able to vote on these ratings that makes these ratings completely useless.

Since I have been a member of this forum in the last 7 years (since May 2005) I never rated anybody's postings on the ET forums. Only people with agendas like yourself would waste time with the rating non-sense – it's your way to try to stop people from reading the other people's postings that it does not agree with your little pea-brain.

#28     Jul 30, 2012