Mitt Romney, a job-killing economic "vampire"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, May 14, 2012.

1. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-c...rity/bain-execs-spent-nearly-5_b_1260081.html

Bain execs spent nearly $5 million on Romney's White House runs, records show

Posted: 02/ 7/2012 12:10 pm

Of all the investments made by the super-wealthy partners at Bain Capital, perhaps none have a greater potential return than the one they have made in Mitt Romney.

Current and former Bain executives and their relatives have given about $4.7 million to organizations dedicated to making Romney the next president of the United States, according to a Center for Public Integrity investigation.

And they haven't just come around lately.

Some Bain associates have been filling Romney's campaign coffers since 2004 when the former Massachusetts governor had early aspirations to become president, and long before he officially embarked on a run.

Since then, they have given to political committees in early primary states -- some without contribution limits -- to both of Romney's presidential campaigns and to federal "leadership PACs" controlled by the candidate.

Most dramatically, they gave at least $3.1 million in 2011 to "Restore Our Future," a "super PAC" not controlled by Romney, which has used the contributions to launch ads attacking candidates Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum.

#11     May 14, 2012
  2. Romney will have to counter with something of substance. Perception, right or wrong, isn't going his way with his association with Bain. Most people will see the line as Romney, Bain, Bain closes plant, Romney did it, end of story. He needs something with real teeth regarding what he will do to improve the job market today. Just saying lower taxes won't put him over the top. Specifics will!

#12     May 14, 2012
  3. Going by phonetics:

Romney worked for Bain.
    Bane killed Batman.
    Romney killed Batman.

#13     May 14, 2012
  4. I didn't waste time watching the propaganda video, but this seems pretty simple to me. Romney should just say the company went broke as a result of unfair chinese competition and union demands.

The point out they lost their own money, not taxpayer money as obama did with Solyndra.

#14     May 14, 2012
  5. You have the wrong country. During the 1990's it was the Japanese who were the culprits. US steel producers were complaining to the WTO that Japan was dumping steel on the market. Russia was doing the same thing but their steel was of a lower quality and deemed insignificant.

#15     May 14, 2012
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

:)

I LOL'd!

#16     May 14, 2012
  7. He could, but that won't win him any blue collar friends. A smart guy would say we'll stay tough on foreign steel being dumped here and we'll work with sensible unions prepared to do business in the 21st century, all things considered. He could also say rather than wasting taxpayer dollars on bullshit like Solyndra, we can provide some assistance for smaller mills that want to upgrade their equpiment. That's what a smart guy would do.

#17     May 14, 2012
  8. Former Obama Car Czar Calls Romney Attack Ad "Unfair"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dp3Y8oeakh4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On "Morning Joe" today, former Obama "car czar" Steve Rattner denounced a new campaign ad that attacks Mitt Romney for business decisions he made during his tenure at Bain Capital.

Specifically, the ad targets Romney and Bain Capital for the private equity firm's decision to acquire GST Steel and the jobs that were lost under their control.

Rattner called the ad "unfair" and defended Romney's decision at Bain Capital. Rattner says Romney's job was to make profits for the firm's investors, not save jobs.

"I think the ad is unfair. Mitt Romney made a mistake ever talking about the fact that he created 100,000 jobs. Bain Capital’s responsibility was not to create 100,000 jobs or some other number. It was to create profits for his investors, most of whom were pension funds, endowments and foundations. It did it superbly, acting within the rules and acting very responsibly and was a leading firm," Ratner said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Monday.

"So I do think to pick out an example of somebody who lost their job unfortunately, this is part of capitalism, this is part of life. And I don’t think there’s anything Bain Capital did that they need to be embarrassed about," he said.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...a_car_czar_calls_romney_attack_ad_unfair.html

#18     May 14, 2012
  9. Eight

Eight

The Steel Industry in the US was unionized. Foreign competition was too much for it. It died. Blame Romney! Makes sense to me, makes me want to stand shoulder to shoulder with the workers of the world and vote for solidarity under Commander Obama! I can't wait! Where's that book by Saul Alinksky?

#19     May 14, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

And? You're ilk is no different. ABO could as easily mean "always been Obama's (fault)". : )

#20     May 14, 2012