Mitt Romney 2008 - What can happen?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BosyBillups, Dec 7, 2007.

1. He never worked for Goldman.

#31     Dec 7, 2007
  2. It's true.

Boston Consulting Group
    Bain & Company Inc.
    Bain Capital Management
    CEO Utah Winter Olympics

#32     Dec 7, 2007
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Get real. If a person's grandpa was a slaveholder or father a nazi, that still doesn't say anything about that person's CHARACTER.

Not to mention Mitt isn't doing drugs or heavy drinking, what a certain president was so fondly doing.... :cool:

P.S.: Probably can chew a pretzel too, without choking to death...

#33     Dec 7, 2007
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Like every Christian president (hey, all of them) could be accused for the massacre and annihilation of the native Americans?!?!

Idiot....

#34     Dec 7, 2007
  5. cache, you can rationalize polygamy till you're blue in the face. all i'm attempting to say is that it's a very unconventional background for a presidential candidate. why is it illegal?

this isn't even a reflection of my personal beliefs. i just can't imagine all of the morally aggressive voters brushing off that heritage. but maybe they would, i have no idea

he clearly disavows it.

my issue is with his orientation toward vets and his response to the questions about service in his family. beyond that i just feel very strongly that the country needs more aggressive reform than anything mitt, rudy, hillary, obama, huckabee, etc would deliver. nothing new there, many people are in that camp. i want a candidate who outwardly acknowledges how damaging some of our core practices are, beyond lip service to the defecit

#35     Dec 7, 2007
  6. And don't forget, according to some, the persecution of innocent Mormons.

#36     Dec 7, 2007
  7. That's why I said Mitt probably won't get my vote. Unless RP is running with him.

Anyway, mormons have run before and polygamy was a non issue then.

#37     Dec 7, 2007
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

For the same reason why gay marriage is illegal.

Anyway, before Kennedy, being a Catholic was very unconventional background, and guess what, there is always a first...

This season we have female, black, latino, serial divorcee and yes, a Mormon candidate. Time changes....

Chances are the next president is going to be a first in one way or other.

#38     Dec 8, 2007
  9. dinoman

dinoman

Well if your following the money talks load then Ron Paul will be our next president. Sorry, but he has the most money and on DEC 16th people are going to be shocked.

#39     Dec 9, 2007
  10. I think that Romney will be the next US president.
    Too much for the rest.

Is a full Package.

#40     Dec 9, 2007