Mitt Romney 2008 - What can happen?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BosyBillups, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Is polygamy strange? Sure. Does it have anything to do with Mitt? No. In fact, Mitt is one of the only candidates who hasn't entered into marriage with more than one woman. His family values are impeccable.

I'd be surprised too, but RP did indicate that he'd be willing to run under a candidate who supported his views. I don't think that Mitt necessarily disagrees with RP's views. I do think that Mitt isn't crazy enough to campaign on the idea of shutting down the IRS and the FED. That is precisely why RP is viewed as the crazy uncle in the attic. It's debatable whether Mitt would be helped by running with RP more than say running with Huckabee, McCain, or Thompson.

#11     Dec 7, 2007
  2. he just fucked marie osmond/

#12     Dec 7, 2007
  3. Where did that come from?

#13     Dec 7, 2007
  4. The LDS church outlawed polygamy over 100 years ago. They immediately excommunicate anyone practicing polygamy.

The "Mormon sects" out in the desert have nothing to do with the Mormon Church. They just like to use the name mormon as some other wacko sects use the word Christian in their titles.

Mitt's only problem, in my opinion, is his convenient flip flopping depending on the office he is perusing. Didn't work for Kerry, and I don't think it will work for Mitt.

Gotta admit that he's been incredibly successful in everything he's done to date however:

Bain founder, cleaned up the Utah Olympic mess, GOP Gov in the most liberal state in the nation. Impressive.

#14     Dec 7, 2007
  5. What a bunch of tripe.
    If the LDS can claim to be part of “Christianity” simply be claiming the KJ bible as part of their doctrine, then anybody who uses the book of Mormon as part of their doctrine are Mormons.

If those desert dwellers are not Mormons, then Mormons are not Christians.
    What a bunch of flip flopper's.

#15     Dec 7, 2007
  6. Not saying that they don't have the right to claim the name "mormon". The name mormon is just a nickname. If they want to claim it, they can. I do think it is unfair to lump them together though. A catholic doesn't want to be mistaken for a Lutheran. Even so, a mainstream mormon doesn't want to be mistaken for a fundamentalist mormon. The lives of the two are incredibly different.

I'm just saying that polygamy has nothing more to do with Mitt's life than it has to do with Huckabee, Gullianni, Obama, or Clinton's life. My ancestors that far back are Scandinavian. Does that mean that I am a Viking? My brother-in-law's ancestors that far back were slaves. Does that mean he thinks/acts like a slave?

#16     Dec 7, 2007
  7. Come on now cache, don't be going off the deep end now.

“Mormon” is much more than “just a nick name”. At one time that name was a source of great pride for members of the LDS. All of a sudden it's “just a nick name”? Way to change recent history.

And Catholics and Lutherans are not at all fired up about Mormons claiming to be brothers of Christianity. After all, the whole premise of the LDS is that all the other forms of Christianity went astray of the good word and descended into cults.

30 years ago the LDS considered the decedents of slaves to be subhuman. Many of us are old enough to remember when dark skin was the mark of the devil, according to main stream Mormon teaching.

#17     Dec 7, 2007
  8. I think most mainstream mormons are still proud of the name mormon. But it is still just a nickname. Anyone can claim it. I don't have a problem with that.

I don't understand your second paragraph. I never said that Catholics and Lutherans were fired up about Mormons. I suggested that Catholics don't like to be mistaken for Lutherans. Catholics and Lutherans are different. Mainstream mormons are different than fundamentalist mormons, even to a greater extent than catholics are different than Lutherans.

In regards to your last paragraph. Many Christian sects have taught the same doctrine along with denying of Blacks any clergy positions, or that there is are two separate heavens, with those practices pretty much dying out in the 1960-70 period. These include certain groups of Catholics, Baptists, and Pentacostals. Indeed, the Mormon church was organized at a time when most Christian sects believed the "curse of Cain" or "curse of Ham" doctrine. Certain biblical statements are still debated today amongst the Christian world.

#18     Dec 7, 2007
  9. mitt will make it. he is the best looking candidate of all of them. remember JFK and gary hart. women vote in droves for looks and there are result.

#19     Dec 7, 2007
  10. Once again, The LDS church outlawed polygamy over 100 years ago. Mitt is a member of the LDS church.

If you are going to tie him to that, lets bring up the Catholic Church and all the people they tortured to death during the Inquisition.

Geez!

#20     Dec 7, 2007