Mitt Never Wanted to be President Anyway

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Dec 23, 2012.

1. http://news.yahoo.com/mitts-son-says-never-wanted-president-anyway-150612736.html

Mitt's Son Says He Never Wanted to be President Anyway

By Connor Simpson | The Atlantic Wire – 3 hrs ago

If you thought the tale of how Mitt Romney lost the general election was already told, you would be wrong. Because there is so much left to tell, like how Mitt never wanted to be President anyway.

At least, that's what Tagg Romney says in this new Boston Globe report on what went wrong with Romney's campaign. While the rest of the piece seems to say the problems lay in the Romney campaign's lack of technical advantage, and refusal to introduce the world to Mitt Romney, the human being, this little morsel from the Republican's son points to a larger problem:

“He wanted to be president less than anyone I’ve met in my life. He had no desire to . . . run,” said Tagg, who worked with his mother, Ann, to persuade his father to seek the presidency. “If he could have found someone else to take his place . . . he would have been ecstatic to step aside.

2. LOL !!!!!!!!!!!

3. jem

jem

that explains why the campaign let one of the weakest incumbents imaginable get away with what they did.

had they followed AAA's advertising strategy...
    or had they provided a real plan for a re working of the tax code
    or had they even lambasted Obama for his failures... they could have won easily.

instead they ran one of the worst campaigns in history.. (next to McCain)
    came back on the strength of one debate..
    Then were afraid to take foreign policy failures to obama in the next debates.

4. Obama was not one of the weakest incumbents jem,Mitt certainly was one of the weakest challengers though

I cant believe you would actually believe Mitt did not want to be President.He has been running for President since he left Bain

5. BSAM

BSAM

I think the elites in the former republican party might put up McCain again in 2016.
    They've done a wonderful job of destroying true conservatism.
    Might as well go all the way.

6. jem

jem

I am not saying I believe it, it could be cover to explain his failure... But it is possible his sons and his wife talked him into a second run.

It is difficult for me to believe... a well balanced, driven, productive guy like him wanted to try to run a second time and waste 4 more years of his life.. worrying about soundbites.

Running for president seems like the worst job I could imagine. to willingly give up your life for years to run for the office... You seem to have to believe the other party is killing the country, or you have to be an idiot with nothing else to do, or you must be an narcissist to want to waste so much of your life running.

Dont get me wrong... I would love to be a Senator, I think I would want to be a governor to make a difference in CA budget... but to put in the time to run... its not very appealing.

To think about the time it would take to run for president... kiss that much of your life good bye. It would not be an easy decision for any productive being or anybody who enjoyed life. Fundraiser's? Listening to other people bullshit all night. Flying around from town to town. Please, normal motivations will not cut it.

Maybe technology will change that.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sometimes...you just crack yourself up?

8. Yep, he did not want to be President even though he constructed his whole life to run for President. He would have been in the public sector a lot earlier if he had beaten Ted Kennedy.

You don't spend millions of dollars of your own money, time, go through endless debates and criticism if you don't expect to win. He just listened to talk radio heads like Rush Limbaugh too much. Talk radio wanted Obama to be so much like Carter that they thought the ONLY things you needed to do was a)Have a pulse b)Show up c)Ask the question of "are you better off than you were 4 years ago". Turns out it takes much more than that.

9. jem

jem

actually Romney did not even make that point well.

he would say it... then obama would blame bush...
    the follow up was then to crush him on his economic policies and they never did.

Romney was afraid to say cut taxes... because he was worried about the media calling him a trickle down guy. so they just finessed the issue with bullshit.

I thought when he picked Ryan it meant... we would have a showdown between

More spending and more taxes or capped spending and lower taxes.

10. No,idiot republicans do .When the son of a guy who probably would be a billionaire now if he had stayed at Bain but gave it up to be President now says he didn't want to be President its hilarious :)

Mitts a smart guy but it seems he didn't pass that intelligence on to his sons

#10     Dec 23, 2012