Mitch McConnell is a f***ing Tool

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jul 13, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Surely you cant be serious? The dems are the ones saying the world is going to come to an end if we dont raise the debt ceiling not the republicans, lots of republicans have come out saying that its not a big deal that we can maneuver around it and pay off debt, and just quit paying other expenditures which wouldnt cause us to default.

#21     Jul 13, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Its funny you would bring that up, because Lucrum is a prime example of someone who could be hurt by a law like that, and while im not 100% positive, im pretty sure lucrum is not some jet setting billionaire.

What if he decided to buy or finance a new jet for his business? Not 100% sure how this law works, but dems love to demagogue this issue as if the only people who get hurt by a law like that are billionaires.

#22     Jul 13, 2011
  3. I think you need to read your own post right here, all of it, carefully, to figure out who's not serious.

#23     Jul 13, 2011
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Mex e pad, I've had gabflydumbass on ignore for some time. I can only read his nonsense when someone quotes him. Trust me, put him on ignore. You'll be better off. There is a comedian, Ron White I believe, who says "you can do liposuction to make a fat person skinny. You can make an ugly woman look pretty with a scalpel. But you can't fix stupid!"

That applies to crabfly.:D

#24     Jul 13, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

It's a well calculated talking point that resonates well with the public. And your argument about this government created break works two ways in essence, because government happens to be the biggest customer for a lot of business, ie. ending it hurts Lucrum's business, and spending cuts hurt other businesses.

#25     Jul 13, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

So the right wing is the one out in full force making threatening noises about the debt ceiling?

and btw both sides are playing chicken with the debt ceiling, obama is throwing out ridiculous proposals just to say he did something, the republicans have thrown out something reasonable and he wont take it.

#26     Jul 13, 2011
  7. So, by extension, ANY loophole presently availed to the rich should not be messed with since it may affect a third-party business. By that line of reasoning, the rich should not only NOT be taxed, they should be paid directly by government to keep the Lucrums of this world in milk and honey.

In case you missed it: up is down.

#27     Jul 13, 2011
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Nooooow you're talking, Maxie. I always had faith in you, that you would see the light!

Maxie, remember the most important thing: Never vote for a Democrat. Never vote for a Republican. Either way, the people lose.

#28     Jul 13, 2011
  9. Ricter

Ricter

But since we're "all gonna die if the deficit isn't fixed", the bigger cuts Obama is proposing are exactly the ones the gop should be embracing. If big spending cuts are not a good idea, please tell me why.

#29     Jul 13, 2011
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Ricter, the Republicans don't care about the economy or spending cuts. They only care about getting rid of Obama. That is their only strategy/agenda. The good of the people is just a decoy.

#30     Jul 13, 2011