Mit Romney accused of hiring illegal immigrants

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Dec 1, 2006.

1. "Toiling" for the resident troll would be having to do without an internet connection for over an hour.

Imagine it not being able to click the refresh button on the Politics & Religion main page for OVER AN HOUR to see if one of its threads had gotten a response!!

The horror, the horror....

#21     Dec 2, 2006
  2. jem

jem

Oh so now you and your lib friends are in favor of border control.

#22     Dec 3, 2006

3. I was thinking the same thing. Where the hell does one find a landscaping company that only uses legal workers? I'm not even sure such a company exists around here- a thousand miles up from the Mexican border!

#23     Dec 3, 2006
  4. Actually, that's the one issue where he's consistently broken ranks with the libs. When you live right on the Mexican border like LoZZZer does, it's kind of hard to ignore the problem. I bet if he lived up here in the snow, he'd be arguing for the opposite side in a heartbeat.

#24     Dec 3, 2006
  5. I don't ask my "lib" friends what their position on border control is, and I don't care what their position is.

#25     Dec 4, 2006
  6. Another bet you would lose...

#26     Dec 4, 2006
  7. jem

jem

of course the evasive non answer.

#27     Dec 4, 2006
  8. I am not evading anything on this issue...

Flat out you are/were wrong in your guess of my position of illegal immigration...

Why don't you just admit you are/were wrong and move along...

#28     Dec 4, 2006
  9. It sounds to me like Romney "pissid off" said in Peter Sellers..Pink Panthers dialect:) some reporters...

oh and Sulong... what qualifies you to be the authority on honesty?

#29     Dec 19, 2006
  10. This issue will not hurt Romney. No one expects him to audit a landscaping company's employees. It certainly doesn't help him however. Shouldn't a rich guy who planned to run for president have foreseen this as a problem and avoided it?

What will hurt him, in fact, what has probably sunk him, are letters he wrote to the Log Cabin Republican group in Massachusetts when he was running for Kennedy's Senate seat. He staked out positions on the gay agenda to the left of Kennedy. He was also pro-choice. Now he has flip-flopped on both issues, raising obvious questions about his sincerety and about just what his position might be once he was safely ensconced in the White House.

On the other hand, his main competition for the VP slot, Rudy Guiliani, has his own issues, including a messy divorce and his enthusiastic support for the gay agenda and abortion.

#30     Dec 19, 2006