Mississippi, Kentucky, Georgia, Ohio, Alabama passing 6 week abortion ban bills

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, May 10, 2019.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Let's not get carried away over here. I also do not like right wing pro lifers, but Sharia is a lot worse.

#31     May 13, 2019
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

I dunno, a quick stoning to death maybe preferable than rotting in prison

#32     May 13, 2019
  3. destriero

destriero

F em. They can enlist and produce more meat for the grinder. Zero sympathies.

#33     May 13, 2019
  4. Funny how abortion is always wrong until one of their family members gets pregnant by rape or the wrong kind of Daddy, then it is off to the clinic!

#34     May 13, 2019
    piezoe likes this.
  5. #35     May 16, 2019
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Cheat and liar, typical pro lifer politician. I am totally onbaord with ban on late term unless mother's life is in danger. But this is nuts that in 2019 this issue polarizes our society. Sometimes I wonder are most pro lifers are just posers???? I am very much sure that vast majority of pro choice genuinely believe in it, totally opposite to pro lifers.

#36     May 16, 2019
  7. Cuddles

Cuddles

Trump probably has 5 abortions to his name

#37     May 16, 2019
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Easily. I'd bet money. At least 2 or 3.

#38     May 16, 2019
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018...-broidy-was-covering-for-trump-in-affair.html

In fact this asset could be given a quite precise price. A remarkable investigative report from the Associated Press describes what appeared to be a particularly brazen quid pro quo:

After a year spent carefully cultivating two princes from the Arabian Peninsula, Elliott Broidy, a top fundraiser for President Donald Trump, thought he was finally close to nailing more than $1 billion in business.

He had ingratiated himself with crown princes from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, who were seeking to alter U.S. foreign policy and punish Qatar, an archrival in the Gulf that he dubbed “the snake.”

To do that, the California businessman had helped spearhead a secret campaign to influence the White House and Congress, flooding Washington with political donations. Broidy and his business partner, Lebanese-American George Nader, pitched themselves to the crown princes as a backchannel to the White House, passing the princes’ praise — and messaging — straight to the president’s ears.

Now, in December 2017, Broidy was ready to be rewarded for all his hard work. It was time to cash in.

In return for pushing anti-Qatar policies at the highest levels of America’s government, Broidy and Nader expected huge consulting contracts from Saudi Arabia and the UAE, according to an Associated Press investigation based on interviews with more than two dozen people and hundreds of pages of leaked emails between the two men.

Those consulting contracts, according to Broidy’s own correspondence, were what the December 2 meeting was about. And, a few days later, Broidy got his payoff: The U.A.E. awarded his company a deal worth up to $600 million over the next five years.

Here is some additional context that now seems especially noteworthy: Just two days before that meeting, on November 30, Broidy wired $200,000 from his Bank of America account to Real Estate Attorneys’ Group, a California firm. On December 5, REAG transferred that money to attorney Keith Davidson. Davidson was at the time supposedly representing the legal interests of Shera Bechard, a Playboy model with whom Broidy now claims to have had an affair. (Bechard fired Davidson shortly afterward, when she became convinced that Davidson was actually working in concert with Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s personal attorney, to protect Cohen’s client’s interests rather than hers.) That $200,000 was supposed to be the first of eight quarterly payments that “David Dennison” agreed to make to Bechard, in order to buy her silence about an affair and a subsequent abortion. All this was laid out in an NDA recovered from Michael Cohen’s office when it was raided last month.

#39     May 16, 2019
  10. Wallet

Wallet

Its the woman’s choice, healthcare, etc. What the left fails to comprehend or acknowledge are the baby’s rights or even existence in the matter. Its easy to make assumptions regarding unwanted pregnancies, specially when you're detatched from the decision. When the decision is framed correctly, life vs. death, then it's a different discussion. Abortion is infanticide plain and simple.

#40     May 16, 2019