Missing money at IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by shneed, Sep 22, 2005.

1. tomcole

tomcole

It just dawned on me - wasnt Sneed or maybe shneed, Cap't Hook's sidekick in Peter Pan?

#81     Sep 24, 2005
  2. Since you have paid such huge taxes over the last 18 years, I'm sure you must be aware that in order to take a loss, or to offset a gain, you have to enter it into a tax return. Further, in the case of gambling losses they can only be offset to the extent of gamblings winnings, and then only if they can be proven. Most gambling losers can't prove their losses. Maybe you could have, but obviously you didn't enter it into a return or the IRS wouldn't have been seizing anything. Either way, for a guy who paid huge taxes over the last 18 years you are remarkably unsophisticated regarding them.

Right. You didn't "receive notice from the IRS", because you moved in 1999. Remember, the deadbeats lament? But ask yourself this question: do you really think that the IRS doesn't know where you are? LOL! Did you continue to file taxes after 1999? Pleeeze!

Finally, I'm sure had your post been entitled "Has Anyone Else here Had Their Money Seized From Their Account By the IRS", a few other deadbeats would have stepped forward and you could have lamented about how no one "notified" you, it wasn't "fair", etc etc. But instead you linked IB to it, which created the impression that IB had something to do with it. And in case there is anyone who is uncertain about that fact, IB had nothing to do with at all. When the IRS seizes money, the institution involved simply complies. It's that simple. IB was simply an innocent 3rd party. What it amounts to is that you dragged their good name through the mud.

OldTrader

#82     Sep 24, 2005
  3. ktm

ktm

This is about how I figured it would end.

User error.

The IB guys are going to have to stop responding to these silly incidents and stick to the bigger legitimate issues. While it is unfortunate, there are too many people here who will never be pleased regardless of the situation. They bitch when our ET IB guys don't respond, then they complain about what they say or how they say it. They are just never going to be happy.

#83     Sep 24, 2005
  4. Nice to meet you, HCOUR/Harold, let me introduce myself by saying I'm sorry.

#84     Sep 24, 2005
  5. Holmes

Holmes

An [size=large]I-D-10-T[/size] error!

shneed
    [size=large]S[/size]hit[size=large]H[/size]ead in desperate [size=large]NEED[/size] of Money

After all this [size=large]S[/size]hit[size=large]H[/size]ead [size=large]NEED[/size]s Money still thinks he can find his problems to his missing ...eeeerrrh, IRS seized, money on an anonymous message board (and have it delivered back to him el pronto). Yeah right!

He then proceeds to keep on justifying his original post and tops it off with insulting other respectable ET's like OldTrader with even more allegations.

I do hope you get banned from this site and Baron closes this thread.

@$$holes like you trying to stir everyone up and dragging a reputable company's name (Interactive Brokers) through the mud we all can do without!

F&%K OFF!

Sherlock

#85     Sep 24, 2005
  6. x

#86     Sep 24, 2005
  7. I believe that this thread did much more positive than negative.

Even if the title is misleading.

For one part, IB proved once more that they rule. Their costumers even while complaning about customer service still ended their messages praising IB.

IB benefited.

One thing we all know or should know, is that IB is what Walmart for retailers or Dell for cumputers is for traders.

IB should go public if they haven't already. Specially thinking of their customers like me that had issues about customer service at the begininng, but never complained in public. I'm sure such an IPO even small would be very beneficial to the owners, high management and us, their most faithful customers.

As for ET. I am surprised that ET only has advertising from Trading related companies. As the magazine The Trader has proven it is peculiar the the site hasn't recieved advertising dollars from this high-end group. One could think of so many ideas of how to involve the big names. Like promoting trading competitions for high end prices, sponsoring top of the class seminars and the like..

We could all benefit from this thread. As long as IB agrees to give their customers who have been loyal for more than two years and had to suffer with customer service problems at the beginning a crack at the IPO.

Now,

that would be Cool.

#87     Sep 24, 2005
  8. I think there much blame to go around here. My original post, early in the thread, called it as it was, a premature, vague, and unneeded posting

The eager follow ups just fanned the flame. We should have let it die without all the acrimony.

We have Fox news if we want RED LETTER SENSATIONALISM

#88     Sep 24, 2005
  9. What? I thought my little moving list was rather handy!

#89     Sep 24, 2005
  10. If I ever lose access to Quicken or my offsite backup of it, I'm a dead man.

#90     Sep 25, 2005