Missing money at IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by shneed, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Quah

Quah

It's a shitty strategy. There is no need to post anything about this here until the final resolution - in fact, it seems the thread was posted BEFORE any resolution was even sought after from the broker - insane!

If money is missing from my account, sure thing - ET is the first place I go to have it resolved - NOT!

#41     Sep 23, 2005
  2. IBsoft

IBsoft Interactive Brokers

Maybe a good short term "strategy", but unlikely to work in the long run. For one, posters like that get quickly ignored by us and over time by the forum itself. More importantly, because of this (threads and posts intended to exercise pressure), we've been considering scaling back our participation or even abandoning the forum altogether.

#42     Sep 23, 2005
  3. Holmes

Holmes

I sincerely hope that you guys do not leave. I feel there is a lot of added value to ET with your presence.

Sherlock

#43     Sep 23, 2005
  4. ktm

ktm

I hope you jackasses are happy with the potential results of your "strategy". It was only a matter of time before a few blew it for the masses.

The thread should not have been posted. And the title at a minimum (to state a fact) would be that the money "appears" to be missing. It is NOT a fact that the money is missing. There could be a techinical error or the money could be in the account in restricted form etc... To the original poster the money does not appear to be in there, but only IB can say whether that is a fact or not. Posting a thread of this sort at 10pm just serves to get a bunch of gossipy conspiracist types all worked up about something that nearly always turns out to be nothing the next day. You will certainly have plenty to lather yourselves about if IB exits the scene and you have no one to respond - maybe that's the intention.

#44     Sep 23, 2005
  5. If this can make you change your mind; I am in the process of funding my account and the problems we discussed in this board haven't made any difference on my perception on IB and I'm looking forward to sending my funds to you.

and I am sure nobody because of this board either is feeling any lack of confidence in IB.

If I said something that has upset you please accept my apologies.

#45     Sep 23, 2005
  6. IBsoft

Thank you very much. We also feel that our participation, whether active (through posting) or passive (through reading) has been mutually beneficial. However, the forum dynamics, e.g.:
    - the nature or intent of some posts or posters
    - the expectation that IB's participation here replaces the website, manual, or even the help desk
    is a big factor we have to consider. All of us from IB who participate here have busy schedules and jobs that don't relate in any way to PR or customer support. Hence, for us to continue the way we have, the time spent here must unquestionably be productive. It is unclear that it is.

#46     Sep 23, 2005
  7. zdreg

zdreg

i hope ib guys continue to be here.
    customer service continues to leave alot to
    be desired. lets face it is difficult to train competent customer service +they don't know how to admit if they don't know the answer and to pass you on to an individual with a highrer level of competency. simple questionscountinues to stymie customer service. i personally don't like IB customer reps having access to an account when asking a question that doesn't require access.

for IB you guys are the ears to what clients consider to be important. it is like having a continuous focus group
    lines of communication to ib are murky and this board allows you to get your answer or to have confidence that your concerns will be passed on to a person in ib who has an answer and then relayed back.

as far as thread goes, it should never have been posted. you can expect more of this as you appeal to lower level traders through tv advertisements.

#47     Sep 23, 2005
  8. With respect, I think you are missing the bigger picture. Let's look at this thread. You don't like the fact that he posted a problem. I can understand that, but it also gives you the opportunity to reassure thousands of clients and potential clients when you are able to demonstrate a speedy solution.

More generally, if I were running a business, any business, and I had the opportunity to monitor my customers' comments, problems and suggestiosn, as this forum gives you, I would consider it invaluable. Of course, that doesn't address the issue of you and def doing it on your own time.

Frankly, I am amazed that other brokers who cater to traders are not a presence here. Even some who advertise, like Cyber, don't seem to bother to have anyone actually watching the boards. Somehow though, a guy like Jerry Medved, who runs pretty much a one man shop, is on here all night and will fix a problem in real time.

#48     Sep 23, 2005
  9. IBsoft

Notice that I was not responding to the initiator of the thread (or his initial post) but to a comment someone else made.

There are indisputable benefits of being here; to both sides. But since we ARE running a business, the benefits have to exceed the expended energy and costs (including the opportunity cost).

#49     Sep 23, 2005
  10. no. don't scale back. i find alot of answers here and avoid customer service which sorry to say can be a toss up.

#50     Sep 23, 2005