Missing money at IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by shneed, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Does this mean that everything is straightened out now? No more 'all my money is gone'?

#31     Sep 23, 2005
  2. He was referring to an email he thought was sent to him, not to his problems with $$$.

#32     Sep 23, 2005
  3. NKNY

NKNY

There is money missing from his IB account, therefore the title is fact. Should the title have read..." IB stole my money" ....Well, that would be considered an accusation....

Nothing wrong with stating facts as long as they are true no matter how good or bad a firms reputation may be .

Just my 3 cents...

Nick

#33     Sep 23, 2005
  4. NKNY

NKNY

True, not alot of money but people are different....I guess he got a little excited when he discovered the missing cash and since IB was closed at the time he discovered the missing money he decided top look for a little reassurance on ET.

#34     Sep 23, 2005
  5. I find this "missing" $$$ a little spooky. Imagine waking up tomorrow
    to trade and your account has been wiped clean.

This could be a security breach. Hackers.... Terrorists!

Sure... it is "only" $1500. But it couldv'e been $150K or 15 Million!

I don't see how anyone could keep completely calm about this... :confused:

#35     Sep 23, 2005
  6. I said earlier that I had the unpleasant experience in the past with a firm trying to defraud my account, it wasn't a lot of money but if it was a million dollar account the matter would have been seen under a total different angle.
    I think the guy has every right to be pissed.

#36     Sep 23, 2005
  7. def

def Sponsor

Everything will be explainable. Speculation serves no purpose. I am sure that the client will have all the facts explained to him in due course.

#37     Sep 23, 2005
  8. I was referring to another firm not to IB and I never speculated anything, I was just mentioning my experience.

As a matter of fact I have good consideration of IB.

#38     Sep 23, 2005
  9. Exactly. Why post anything at all regarding account problems untill all facts are known.

#39     Sep 23, 2005
  10. tomcole

tomcole

Its frustrating when you cant get an explanation on errors or discrepancies. Its a pretty good strategy to post your problem publicly as it forces a broker to respond quickly to avoid the negative publicity or other account holders jamming up your lines with questions.

IMHO, to be fair, the poster should also post when the problem gets cleared up and what the issue was. I doubt a reputable, known broker would fuss with anyone's account, esp over small dollars.

#40     Sep 23, 2005