Missing money at IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by shneed, Sep 22, 2005.

1. shneed

shneed

my mistake

#21     Sep 22, 2005
  2. lol. That was a very funny little exchange. Thanks for the giggle.

I hope you get your money back (under control) and suspect that you will cause IB are a pretty good bunch.

#22     Sep 22, 2005
  3. May 2005 is hardly dormant.

I think you are getting ahead of matters making this a public affair so early in the investigation.

Relax, I'm sure (well, it aint my $) , it will be worked out.

IB doesn't need your $1500 that badly.

#23     Sep 23, 2005
  4. Holmes

Holmes

Agreed.

My account with IB has at times been dormant for longer than that. Never any problems and I would not worry about it.

Making this kind of a fuss about $1500 does not put you, your internet security practised or your trading performance in a good light, just mho.

Sherlock.

#24     Sep 23, 2005
  5. Sherlock,

He wasn't making much of a fuss, he was just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Maybe it would have been better to try solve the matter behind close doors, but you can hardly blame him for asking legitimate questions.

Afterall he didn't make any accusations.

#25     Sep 23, 2005
  6. IB has a good reputation and I am sure they will sort out the matter one way or the other.

#26     Sep 23, 2005
  7. Holmes

Holmes

Bitstream,

Respectfully disagree.

The title "Missing money at IB" is in my opinion not the same as your suggestions of "He wasn't making much of a fuss" and "Afterall he didn't make any accusations".

A person who is not a customer of IB and does not take the time to read the whole thread gets easily the wrong impression from the title. IB is a very solid and respectable firm.

Peace

Sherlock
    :cool:

#27     Sep 23, 2005
  8. Pardon Sherlock,

But that was exactly what happened: some $$ apparently got missing and he wanted to know.

True though, he could have sort the problem 'eye' to 'eye' and yes, the title of the thread is a bit provocative.

If it happened to me though I wouldn't exactly be a happy bunny.

Take care Holmes
    B

#28     Sep 23, 2005
  9. Holmes

Holmes

LOL. Like he can find the answer to his missing money on an anonymous messageboard without waiting until the right people at IB have had a chance to even look at it.

Peace

Sherlock

:cool:

EDIT:

PS. If a person gets upset about something like this then I really do wonder what they think they are doing trading. Money in a brokerage account is the least of my worries.

#29     Sep 23, 2005
  10. Ok, ok, I'll put my sword down!

:)

#30     Sep 23, 2005