Missing Data in TS6

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by TGregg, Mar 7, 2003.

1. TGregg

TGregg

When I restart TS6 during the day, it seems like information is missing for calculated values (like TICK, TRIN and indices). There are darn few red bars. I tried rebooting, but that doesn't help. Here's an example. I've got a comparison of two charts of the same symbol over nearly the same time, but they are pretty different. The one on the left "captured" data for about 15 minutes or so. Then I closed the chart, and set it back up again. A lot of that captured data is missing! You can see that chart on the right.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. ddog

ddog

I have been having a similar problem.

I solved it by selecting View>Refresh>Reload.

Seems to work for me as it reloads the chart data.

3. TGregg

TGregg

It works! YEAH! Thanks a ton, ddog! :D

4. ddog

ddog

:cool: Your welcome

I don't know what is causing this but it seems to have started this week.

5. Probably has something to do with the TS 7 switchover, which has been an absolute mess. I can log in three different times and get three different performance results.

6. ddog

ddog

Do either of you have TS7 yet?

I haven't been prompted to upgrade yet so I am still using 6. Was wondering if this problem was also occurring on 7 as it seems it would affect automated trading.

Also if you have the new version what do you think of it?

7. I would wait until the bugs shake out. Lots of my TS 6 systems do not run on TS 7. I'm currently debugging this pervasive "Divide by zero" error with any system that uses multiple data series, i.e., there are not even any "/" operators in the EL code.

8. TGregg

TGregg

Not I. I'm betting they are switching over brokerage customers first. Good, let them find all the bugs :D.

9. TGregg

TGregg

I think I read that they want to do more frequent upgrades. That should be pleasant.:(

10. I'm interested also in evaluations of TS7. As far as the data issue, sometimes when the cache file becomes too large data will start to disappear. When this happens you simply go into the cache file and delete the symbols.

#10     Mar 7, 2003