missed work beacause i was in jail overnight - advice please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by OTCkrak, Feb 7, 2009.

1. We live in a world where the accused is forced to defend himself and presumed guilty, rather than the accuser having to thoroughly prove their accusations. Anybody who has been to traffic court knows this. It’s a he said, she said, and the cop always wins, unless you have a lawyer.

More recently this has backfired with rape accusations. Many men have had their reputations shattered by women who made false charges against them that were later proven to be false or greatly exaggerated.

For the life of me, I can’t figure out why we even have plea’s. Before the trial begins, we are asked if we are guilty or not. Why? Isn’t it the job of the prosecutor to prove his case, not for me to admit guilt to an accusation? Cops coerce you to sign false confessions and plead guilty and this is actually admittable in court!

#51     Feb 11, 2009
  2. JimYoung

JimYoung

To force pleas and raise the power of law enforcement!!

#52     Feb 13, 2009
  3. #53     Feb 13, 2009
  4. Speaking of speed camera's. It is my understanding there is a sort of a back lash regarding placing camera's in all of NYC. Soooo I heard they are going to place cameras on all the taxis. This should be interesting. Between the combination of GPS and cameras on moving vehicles, film at 11 will be available 24-7 everywhere.

#54     Feb 13, 2009
  5. heres the letter im submitting tomorrow in addition to paying a $300 fine.

enjoy:p

Dear Honorable Judge Smith:

Please accept my sincerest apologies for my conduct on February, 6 2009. The purpose of this letter is to convey to Your Honor and the court my sincere apologies for any inconvenience or unpleasantness I have caused the: proprietor of the establishment at 123 Main St, the law enforcement officers on scene, the (xx) County Court, the City of (redneckland), and the people of the great State of Florida.

I realize that trespass is a serious crime. From my studies, Florida statute 810.08 establishes first and foremost a definition to protect individual property rights from unauthorized use or access. I believe it is the most fundamental duty and responsibility of the judicial system to protect private property in addition to guarding against the intrusion of civil liberties. I am grateful for the continuing effort by the courts to prosecute criminals to the full extent of our laws. I am extremely ashamed and remorseful about my actions. I promise the court I will never place myself in a situation that may jeopardize civil peace ever again.

I hope this letter might give me an opportunity to help prove my remorse and begin to rebuild my character in the community as a law abiding citizen. God Bless you and God Bless America.

#55     Feb 16, 2009
  6. well after review.. didnt see a need to actually post this confidential information.. but for the record i took some of the ridiculous words out of this and its more to the point now.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for my conduct on February, 6 2009. The purpose of this letter is to convey to Your Honor and the court my sincere apologies for any inconvenience or unpleasantness I have caused the: proprietor of the establishment at 123 Main St, the law enforcement officers on scene, the (xx) County Court, the City of (sunny), and the people of the great State of Florida.

I realize that trespass is a serious crime. From my research, Florida statute 810.08 establishes first and foremost a definition to protect property from unauthorized use or access. I believe it is the most fundamental duty of the judicial system to protect private property and protect civil liberties. I am grateful for the continuing effort by the courts to prosecute criminals to the full extent of our laws. I am extremely ashamed and remorseful about my actions. I promise the court I will never place myself in a situation that may jeopardize civil peace ever again.

#56     Feb 16, 2009
  7. bronks

bronks

God, you're an idiot. Do you ever get laid?

#57     Feb 16, 2009