missed work beacause i was in jail overnight - advice please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by OTCkrak, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Memorization skills is so passe, my daughter had a shit fit when she left her phone in someones car after a ride home. she couldn't even call them from another phone, Guess why?

-----------------------

#31     Feb 7, 2009
  2. trendo

trendo

What was the employee's answer?

#32     Feb 8, 2009
  3. do you have a tab?.. you need to leave right now...

#33     Feb 8, 2009
  4. trendo

trendo

So when you asked why you needed to leave, the employee just repeated that you needed to leave and didn't give you a reason. As wrong and stupid as this employee might have been, care to take a guess about what he was thinking?

#34     Feb 8, 2009
  5. JimYoung

JimYoung

Its the cell phone generation. If all the numbers were programmed into a phone one time only, why would the person memorize the number? Especially when you find the number via name (on your phone)

I have my parents number memorized, but if they ever moved and got a new phone number, I wouldn't know it. Just like how I don't know either of my parents cell phone numbers

#35     Feb 8, 2009
  6. this thread total BS and boring too

they threw you out because you were tanked, horny and hitting on anything with a heartbeat. :D

#36     Feb 8, 2009
  7. bronks

bronks

And there's something wrong with that?

#37     Feb 8, 2009
  8. Give him a break. I believe the story. I was driving home from work at 2 am after installing a bunch of computers once because they said they were hiring new people and had to have them up and running by the next day. No I did not get overtime, this is why anyone who does IT work is usually on salary.

Anyway, I was weaving a little because I was tired. So the police had a drunk stop near the freeway entrance. They gave me the test, I passed since I was not drunk. They asked why I was out at 2 am if I was not drunk, I told them, and I was let go.

Now if the police were being assholes, they could have arrested me and given me the test at the jail.

I don't drive drunk or go to bars, I will drink a little wine at home at night but that is all. By the way, I am at work right now on a Sunday, and I worked Saturday too. I like threads like this which I enjoy reading during my StarBuck's coffee break.

#38     Feb 8, 2009
  9. LOL what's the point of the last reply :D

#39     Feb 8, 2009
  10. so...

will i have a job tomorrow?

#40     Feb 8, 2009