missed work beacause i was in jail overnight - advice please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by OTCkrak, Feb 7, 2009.

1. alcohol wasn't the issue.. im not getting shit faced off two drinks. i can go to sleep at 2am and be ready and sharp for work at 9:00am. I would love to have a dynamic job that requires me to be at work 80hrs but my job is not it. compensation commensurate of course.

so - I was told to leave by an employee.. I asked "whats going on" "why are you asking me to leave"...and when the cop asks me to leave and I head right out the door.

I walk across the parking lot to a hot dog stand and as i'm getting ready to order the cop handcuffs me... I wasn't even in the bar. (apparently the parking lot is still the premises).

The issue is the the officer handled the situation in the wrong manner... I didn't understand how severe apparently the situation was... it was miscommunication.

like i said... a not guilty plea would have been very appropriate and I would have loved to have a trial by judge. A decent lawyer would have this thrown out soon. I was in a spot when no one even knew I was in jail and I had no way of contacting anyone.

#21     Feb 7, 2009
  2. Illum

Illum

Just tell the truth at work, and laugh at it. Play it off. Lie or get defensive and you will creep people out. Own your failure, balls.

#22     Feb 7, 2009
  3. hughb

hughb

I wanna hear the cop's side of it. He ain't gonna bother to arrest someone at 2 in the morning unless he's got a good reason. He would have been relieved to see you walk out the door and into the parking lot and he would have told the bar employee not to worry about it now, just give us a call if there's any more problems. And what was the cop doing there at closing time anyway? Did the employees call the police dept and say, "we have a straight laced CDS accountant here who is very professional and not bothering anybody, can you get over here"? I doubt it.

You're not giving us the full story. I should know, I'm a veteran barfly who's spent more than his fair share of time cuffed and stuffed.

#23     Feb 7, 2009
  4. Why the hell were you trespassing at a bar? I was out last night and this fucking idiot guy kept harassing all the girls. I told the bouncer about the creep, but the creep was smart because he bounced when he knew they were coming. I expect a similar situation with you?

#24     Feb 7, 2009
  5. lol

#25     Feb 7, 2009
  6. There are two types of truths.. The subjective truth is that at 00:15 a male was arrested for trespassing.

The objective truth is my story in the previous posts.. so help me god.

At this bar there are 1-2 cop cars every night of the week parked outside. Given that they usually appear to be hanging out...The only reason I would imagine the city would allocate resources to this place is because there has been trouble before. This city has a huge problem with cocaine and gun violence...The cops are preconditioned to have a zero tolerance policy. I was a victim of a systematic bias.

I've lived my whole life in california-south florida- boston. Generally socially liberal areas. .. and let me tell you, the city i am in is not south beach. it's very "southern - conservative" at least the judicial system proved this to me. this incident as played out would have never ever happened in NYC or Boston.

I wish I could have that day in court and bring witnesses. Where was the defendant at the initial request to evacuate premises? Where was the defendant when he was handcuffed?
    answer outside the bar... and i got arrested for trespassing... give me a break!@ A lawyer could get me off just by proving that I wasn't familiar with the "property layout".

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone that gets booked committed a crime, NO? And yes.. police officers have been known violate civil rights from time to time.. they are not experts on criminal law

BOTTOM LINE

There was a miscommunication between a liberal yuppie and a trailorpark tool bag. I never got the impression that the event was escalating..The cop could have easily come up to me an said... "hey we told you to leave and you're still on the premises.. but he wanted to fill the county quota so he handcuffed me while i had my back facing him.. the county jail system appears to be a massive scheme. the operation must turn a hefty profit for the city.

In the cell i met this 20 year old kid that was waiting out 24 more days for trial because he doesnt have $700 to post bond. Yes, the kid was a hill billy but I still have respect for people. He had unpaid speeding tickets! The state government pays the county something like $35 per inmate per if they are put into the general population. Since the economic turn, I'm sure the orders have been to keep the jail running at full capacity..

Its the idea, is there a correlation between crime statistics and police per capita? Is there police because we have crime, or do we have crime because we have police?? I'm for the latter.

Absolutely no reason to have me in hand and feet shackles. Cruel and unusual punishment IMO. They charge the inmates $2 a day for food and a weekly clothing fee. In addition to the court fees which is on premise, the place is a flat out racket. I was essentially given a 1 day jail sentence, even when the judge let me go i still had to wait 5 hours untill i actually walked out...

If you are inferring that they told me to leave and I started making a scene hooting and hollering refusing to exit... you are wrong... i walked out the door after being told to leave and got arrested moments later at least 30 yards from the door.

Don't tase me bro!

#26     Feb 7, 2009
  7. hughb

hughb

Your side of the story centers around the "miscommunication". I've heard that word way too many times, and the person using it is almost always full of crap. Nothing good ever happens to a person at 2 in the morning out on the town. And I do mean nothing. Even if you got the hottie at the end of the bar to go home with you, you will still be sentenced to two weeks of penicilln. Wanna avoid trouble? Here's how - avoid being drunk at 2 in the morning at all costs.

#27     Feb 7, 2009
  8. Nothing good ever happens to a person at 2 in the morning out on the town.
    ------------------

right on.

That line should be in "words of wisdom"

esp kids. You read about them getting shot at a party etc, just check the time.

In the Bronx they have the "Milk and Pampers" defense, "I got arrested (2am) for drugs, all I was doing was going to the store to buy some pampers for my baby's mom.

#28     Feb 7, 2009
  9. TGregg

TGregg

Even better, "We've got a very professional, bow-tie sportin' accountant over here who's giving us money, can you put a stop to this right now?"

And his coworker knows to call the hoosegow to find him? I wasn't there, don't know the OP, but it sounds like an unlikely chain of events.

But who knows for sure. Not I.

#29     Feb 7, 2009
  10. "i didn't even know my parents phone number.."

Is this serious???

#30     Feb 7, 2009