miss usa contest. finally a beautiful woman with a brain wins.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I forgot about that one, another interesting point.

#11     Jun 21, 2011
  2. Which shark are you talking about?

#12     Jun 21, 2011
  3. I wish you could give us an example of one species "evolving into something else."

#13     Jun 21, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

5. BRAVO>>>>HEAR HEAR!!! This post just owned the morons worshiping Darwin...BRAVO....BRAVO +100:cool:

#15     Jun 22, 2011
  6. byteme

byteme

Can you show any evidence that the discovered Coelacanths (there have been many in recent times) are of the same family, genus or species as those Coelacanth in the fossil record?

Just curious.

#16     Jun 22, 2011
  7. It is always amusing to hear theists proclaim that they dont believe in evolution because it sounds too complicated yet they will readily believe that some invisible grey haired deity in the sky just spoke and everything we see today popped up from nothing.
    --Freethinker

#17     Jun 22, 2011

8. How is it interesting? Many species, have low genetic variation, precisely because they HAVE low Genetic variation.

It does tend to lead to reptiles, but the Trilobyte itself is a classic example of this phenomena.
    Darwin's Galapagos Finches, or island dwarfism?

#18     Jun 22, 2011
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

When I get confused about evolution, I just look up what the Pope says about it, and then I know who is right:

Some of you missed the news 15 years ago, so here it is:

"Chicago Tribune, Friday, 10/25/96, "POPE BOLSTERS CHURCH SUPPORT FOR EVOLUTION", by Stevenson Swanson, Tribune Staff Writer, Dateline: New York.

"In a major statement of the Roman Catholic Church's position on the theory of evolution, Pope John Paul II has proclaimed that the theory is 'more than just a hypothesis' and that evolution is compatible with Christian faith. In a written message to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, the pope said the theory of evolution has been buttressed by scientific studies and discoveries since Charles Darwin ... "It is indeed remarkable that this theory has progressively taken root in the minds of researchers following a series of discoveries made in different spheres of knowledge', the pope said in his message Wednesday. 'The convergence, neither sought nor provoked, of results of studies undertaken independently from each other constitutes, in itself, a significant argument in favor of this theory..."

If the Pope thinks evolution is real and the Bible was not meant to be taken literally, that is good enough for me.

After all he is infallible, ain't he?

--------------------------------

And judging beauties by their brains? What an utter stupidity. I don't care if they are dumb as nail as long as they are pretty. Trump had to be involved in making such a stupid rules....

#19     Jun 22, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

If he's invisible how do you know he has grey hair?

#20     Jun 22, 2011