Mish vs. Schiff

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Pekelo, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Mish's and Peter's knowledge and opinions of the economy are almost identical. Peter is a much better salesman and Mish's actual results for his clients are superior. If the two could see past their differences they would be best off to figure out a way that they could merge their companies.

#11     Feb 3, 2009
  2. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Th...n-Bear-Markets/Peter-D-Schiff/e/9780470383780

When why does he write:

"Peter D. Schiff (Darien, CT) is President of Euro Pacific Capital, Inc., and one of the few non-biased investment advisors to have predicted the current bear market and positioned his clients accordingly."

Looks like Peter is shying away from taking responsibility.

If he was up 100% last year you bet he'd be talking on how he positioned his clients perfectly. But he flushed 50% of his clients' accounts down the toilet, so now he can run the "Oh wait, I'm just the broker" excuse. Peter's got all bases covered:

Heads he wins, tails he's just the broker.

#12     Feb 3, 2009
  3. Not true...
    why do you spout lies?
    I've been with Peter since 2004..
    It's the HOT money that got crushed...
    Don't you get that?
    It's the guys, who threw all their eggs in one basket, at the absolute BOTTOM in the dollar, and before the collapse in the global markets (which peter did not get right) that have been temporarily destroyed.
    These investors are MORONS...
    and sure, maybe their brokers should have been better market timers, and should have known that the USD was going to rally...
    but who the hell knows this stuff?
    I didn't add barely anything in 2008, because I was fearful of a dollar rally...I was long dollars in my trading account, but I can't expect that most dentists will do the same....they are ALWAYS late to the party...
    I would say that Peter's strategy hit a major roadblock, but he's still correct and will be vindicated...And I will be putting more money with him in April, or whenever the Dollar hits 95...

#13     Feb 4, 2009
  4. What the hell is a mish anyways?

#14     Feb 4, 2009