Misery Index soaring under Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'd prefer a -20 and declining.

#11     Sep 24, 2010
  2. I'd like that too, but after what the Republicans did to the economy that's a ways off yet.

#12     Sep 24, 2010
  3. During Pelosi’s first year as Speaker in 2007 the deficit was $160 billion. The national deficit last year reached a all-time record of $1.4 Trillion.

Misery = high.

#13     Sep 24, 2010
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're sounding like someone who thinks all republicans are bad/all democrats are good.

#14     Sep 24, 2010
  5. Because I rightly lay the blame for the failed economy at the feet of the Republicans? Here's my actual opinion: Democrats are spineless and won't fight, and the Republicans are simultaneously evil and incompetent and embarrass the nation.

#15     Sep 24, 2010
  6. That would be more compelling if there wasn't video of Bush announcing the TARP bailouts and Bush announcing the GM bailouts -- long before they got to congress:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1N5kRVfmMoE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1N5kRVfmMoE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

#16     Sep 24, 2010
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I would have said Congress.

#17     Sep 24, 2010
  8. Okay, what would you say that congress did that caused the loss of the surplus?

#18     Sep 24, 2010
  9. Wait...I thought those two things were there to save us from "8 years of failed economic policies'?

And didn't your boy, Oba-Mao fully support both of those?

#19     Sep 24, 2010
  10. Actually both parties supported them, but they are the reason that the deficits were so high during the Republican president's 2009 budget. So if someone posts here that they are upset about "Obama's" deficits then they are ill-informed.

#20     Sep 24, 2010