Misery Index soaring under Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Sep 24, 2010.

1. That's brilliant.

#91     Oct 5, 2010
  2. You are correct. Seems they're calling this UNEARNED INCOME MEDICARE CONTRIBUTION according to the bill on page 33. Nice little shell game they're playing. Is this the open, honest, and transparent government Obama was talking about? This will still impact more people than you think. Wonder what else is in here:
    http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h4872enr.txt.pdf

#92     Oct 5, 2010
  3. Sometimes bills are small, sometimes bills are large. Sometimes bills are paid one way, sometimes many ways. The important thing is that bills are paid.

Writing to you makes me feel like Mr. Rogers. :)

#93     Oct 5, 2010
  4. It looks pretty open to me, it's right in the bill.

#94     Oct 5, 2010
  5. Do you really think this government health care plan will be paid for by these taxes? We'll have to run deficits, big deficits. And mark my words, this real estate tax is just a door opener. It will get changed and modifed until everyone is paying a real estate tax. The first of many taxes to pay for this. It's just how government works. First they just stick the head in saying, honest honey, you won't feel a thing, and then they ram'er home.:eek:
    Doesn't really matter that much to me, I'll be dead before the shit really hits the fan. But if I was under 40 I'd be pitching a bitch. Ironicly, it is just those people that support this who will get screwed the hardest.

#95     Oct 5, 2010
  6. The CBO says that it will.

But I do know for certain that by not having taxes it won't be paid for.

#96     Oct 5, 2010
  7. You're the 4 year old idiot who claimed "only a tiny percentage of home sellers will pay the tax" and that the tax was in the health care because "It pays for it".

You should do yourself a favor and stop with your premature ejaculation of the mouth.

It'll save you much embarrassment down the road.

#97     Oct 5, 2010
  8. The percentage of home sellers who pay a tax has almost zero to do with how much revenue is brought in. That depends on the rates, and in this case, what the home resale value is.

A 1% tax on only 1% of people can bring in a billion dollars if it applies to the right items.

As well, perhaps you interpreted "It pays for it" as "It's the only thing that pays for it" or "It pays for ALL of it." I don't know that.

#98     Oct 5, 2010