Mirus lays an egg

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by rolextrader, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Ahhhh, CME has more than one server.....it is VERY POSSIBLE that ONE of the CME servers for Zenfire feed was down!!!

My NT/Zenny was rock solid all day long (short everything that can be found...fade those gap up overnight sessions....LOL!).

Zenfire Feed is a separate stand alone business entity that is owned partially by Mirus, NT, and Dorman if I remember correctly.....

http://www.mirusfutures.com/futures_broker_company_zenfire.htm

#11     Jul 14, 2008
  2. milnarf

milnarf

The problem was Mirus's! Thet send all there data to an outside data IT company called Seven Tick and the orders that day were being rejected by the CME because of data bursts. They later turned off there channel B and the problem was corrected. I never received notice when it was ok to trade, a notice on what happened, or an apology from mirus! I am still getting delayed order fills on NT. CME said there were no problems that day.

#12     Jul 14, 2008
  3. Yes, it was Mirus' problem and for them to lay it off with some technical mumbo-jumbo doesn't change that fact.

They need to upgrade customer service to communicate with clients in an honest and timely fashion.

#13     Jul 15, 2008
  4. Peter

Peter

I was been told the exactly the same story by Mirus. They blame CME and do not want take any responsibility. I was lost over 3K on this glitch. (cancelled order been filled without my attention) Anything I can do to get my money back?

#14     Jul 16, 2008
  5. I would use it to renegotiate your commissions. You could also try and take it to the arbitrage commission, but I don't know if it's worth the money. Perhaps someone else could reflect some light on that.

#15     Jul 16, 2008
  6. milnarf

milnarf

Mirus gets rejected orders again today by CME! THere system is failing stay away!!!

#16     Jul 18, 2008
  7. Milnarf,

Can you explain further.

I have not any problems today with orders being rejected.

#17     Jul 18, 2008
  8. where are you getting this information ?
    and
    "Thet send all there data to an outside data IT company called Seven Tick"
    please provide a link/address for Seven Tick

#18     Jul 18, 2008
  9. milnarf

milnarf

Mirus went down today at 10.40 cst for about 20 minutes.
    I called Globex control center and they said no CME order
    problems. I spoke with both Curt and Elliot and he confirmed problems but can not identify why it occurred today. He said they would send out emails, heard that before?? Just keeping you guys informed not thrashing Mirus, but this is unaaceptable.
    This is the 3rd time in the last week.

#19     Jul 18, 2008
  10. Milnarf,

Sorry to hear your having problems with Mirus.

I did notice orders sticking last week when trying to cancel.

#20     Jul 18, 2008