Miramar Research

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by DblArrow, Apr 2, 2006.

1. DblArrow

DblArrow

I am wondering if anyone has used any of there services and can offer some first hand knowledge of them.

Make 'em pretty, Chris

2. Well, I bought something from them a few years ago. Much too expensive in my opinion, but otherwise ok. I guess it depends on what you're trying to do.

3. DblArrow

DblArrow

Thanks Walter, I just about forgot I asked this question. I am looking at their CPO start up kits - seems like it could save some time, but not sure if it would be worth the cost.

Chris

4. I bought one of the Commodity Pool packages with the idea that it would help guide me through what needed to be done and save some legal fees, since I was just doing some small scale stuff.

It was of some help, but three-quarters of the package was really just padding, in my opinion. I really didn't need a checking account ledger or a general fund ledger, for example. Also, with some research you can figure it out on your own. And you wind up going to your attorney in the end anyway.

For $50 or $100, it might be worth it; but I wouldn't pay Miramar's ask.

5. DblArrow

DblArrow

Thanks for the input - reading whats in the kit I had about the same impression. Just thought I'd check.