Minority Babies Almost the Majority

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Talk about cherry picking.Funny that you ignore the fact that NY has 45 and Texas has 32 but you dont mention that when arguing that TX and NY are shit holes.CA has 53 fortune 500 companies but you try to cherry pick a city even though you know CA has 4 x's more fortune 500 companies then GA.You know that TX,CA and NY are the top 3 states with fortune 500 companies . You ask why I dont answer every one of your questions its because I don't feel like pointing stuff like this out on the million different questions you ask

#51     Aug 29, 2011
  2. Low trust with high diversity not only affects ethnic groups, but is also associated with:

Lower confidence in local government, local leaders and the local news media.

Lower political efficacy – that is, confidence in one's own influence.

Lower frequency of registering to vote, but more interest and knowledge about politics and more participation in protest marches and social reform groups.

Less expectation that others will cooperate to solve dilemmas of collective action (e.g., voluntary conservation to ease a water or energy shortage).

Less likelihood of working on a community project.

Less likelihood of giving to charity or volunteering.

Fewer close friends and confidants.

Less happiness and lower perceived quality of life.

More time spent watching television and more agreement that "television is my most important form of entertainment".

Higher rates of racially motivated and interracial violent crime.

Less emotional attachment to community, city, state, or region.

Higher levels of racial self segregation.

Sentiments of racism when none previously existed.

The belief that one's group is oppressed or taken advantage of socially, economically, or via violent crime. Also the belief that other groups are treated preferentially, or have more rights than their own group.

Weaker national identity, and dramatically more negative sentiment towards one's own nation.

Local conflicts due to irreconcilable differences in beliefs, values, ethics, and world view.

These are just a small portion of the many objective, factual, proven disadvantages of "diversity" and "multiculturalism". I'm still expecting you to address them, and further to name any concrete, observable, beneficial effects of diversity. I'd appreciate it if you could begin to have a more ethical, fair approach to this debate, and address my points rather than cherry pick lines which you attempt to refute, while ignoring the lion's share of the body of the debate. That's dishonest and unethical. Please revise. Thanks in advance.

#52     Aug 29, 2011
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Hmmm...AK gets a slight bump in the polls.

#53     Aug 29, 2011
  4. No, I was talking about the CITY of Atlanta, which has more fortune 500 companies than any CITY in California. California is the most populous state in the union. California has 40 million people in it, Georgia has under 10 million people. California SHOULD have more fortune 500 companies.

I never argued that NY was a shit hole, you are lying- not your first unethical tactic in this debate. You're making a false claim, by saying I said something which I never said. What I said was that while NYC is very diverse, the state of NY is not one of the more diverse places in the nation, so it's irrelevant to this debate, and does not illustrate any point you'd try to make about diversity using the state of NY.

Answer ALL of my questions? I asked one question. I also asked you to address my points. You have done neither. Please quit being unethical by ignoring my points, not answering my questions, and claiming I've made statements which I did not make. Again I asked you to respond to my points, which you have not done, any of them. I also asked you to address them, and further to name any concrete, observable, beneficial effects of diversity. Please do so. Thanks.

#54     Aug 29, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

AK is too stupid to know the difference between a city and a state.

#55     Aug 29, 2011
  6. Well whatever he is, I'm just trying to have a fair debate. He's prohibiting that by refusing to respond to my points, and not answering my question. He's disagreed with my assertion, but has failed to address any of the points I've made, facts I've cited, or answer my questions. It's disappointing, but I encounter this very often, and on almost no other issue. AK will say "nuh uh!!", and "diversity is great!" but will not address any of the negative effects which it has been proven to cause. Further, he's unwilling or unable to identify ANY objective, tangible benefit which it delivers. I mean, it almost starts to make you think there aren't any....

#56     Aug 29, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Apparently he doesn't like the answers
    Typical liberal/AK 57.
    Obviously it's because there aren't any.

#57     Aug 29, 2011
  8. "best states" is completely subjective. IMHO, Hawaii is the best state lol. I live in upstate New York, and there is no way that anyone who knows anything about NY would say this is the best state. Like most fools, you must assume NYC is reflective of what NYS is like. There are entirely white, republican, socially conservative towns and small cities in NYS. Who would have thought about that happening in a blue state.

Do you know what happens in England and France? The minorities there get pushed around and are marginalized far more than anyone in the USA. And they flip out a lot. Race riots in France and England are still common to this day, when was the last time one happened in LA?

Well, as a minority who mostly hangs out with white people, I would say that in my reality, I never deal with racism. However, whenever I see other minorities hanging in big groups of their "people," they do have to face racism a lot more than I do. In fact, I would say that a homogeneous group of minorities know more negative stereotypes about themselves than some whitey would know. Wtf, right?

If you ever attend college, you will know that diversity is never true. All those Indians who come here and get all the scholarships for engineering programs? They only talk to each other. All the South Koreans getting the scholarships for business programs in the USA? They only hang out with each other. At my university, there was straightforwardly animosity between the Caribbean Student Union and the African Student Union. They're all black, and they can't even handle the "diversity."

#58     Aug 29, 2011
  9. Atlanta is pretty diverse BTW

#59     Aug 29, 2011
  10. No, it's not. There are two major racial/ethnic groups: black and white. Atlanta is also highly segregated. Outside of blacks and whites, which comprise over 90% of the city, other ethnic groups are myopic minorities. That's not very diverse, as far as large cities go. LA is diverse, Detroit is diverse, Miami is diverse, Houston is diverse. So are you trying to compare cities, states, or countries now? Or are you just alternating and cherry picking based on what you think you have a shot at making a point with? I guess that way no one will notice that you've ignored all the points I have made, all the proven negative effects diversity causes, and have failed to name any tangible, positive effects which diversity has.

I guess if you keep doing this, no one will notice. No one will ever suspect you're empty handed!

It's so funny with these guys. They all call for a "conversation about race", and say we "need to start being honest" and "acknowledging the racial issues." Yet, as soon as you do so they head for the hills, sometimes crying "racist" as they run away... It's starting to seem like THEY want to have this "conversation about race". They don't want the other side of the story to receive any air time. Anytime you try to have the open, honest conversation about race which they suggest, they have NOTHING to say, except occasionally "racist", "extremist", "intolerant", or some such.

#60     Aug 29, 2011