Minority Babies Almost the Majority

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, Aug 29, 2011.

1. No, it's highly diverse in terms of ethnicity. Every racial group is represented there. It's the most diverse nation on Earth, hands down, and is acknowledged as such pretty much universally. It's also one of the worst places on Earth to live. Despite the fact you are wrong about that, India and Brazil are also both more diverse than America, UK, Canada, or France. So even if your fictional claim were true, my point would still stand.

You'll also note that the "diversification" of the West has correlated perfectly with the decline of the geopolitical and economic health of the west. I'm sure you think that's just a coincidence, right?

Now, why are you ignoring my points? Why are you not answering my question? Why are you cherry picking one line which you falsely think you can refute, and ignoring all the points I've made and the questions I've asked? Come on, make your case. I'm not being hostile or unfair, nor am I manufacturing data. Go on, let's hear it. Address my points, and answer my question.

#41     Aug 29, 2011
  2. TX,CA and New York happen to have the countries biggest economies,largest populations,highest real estates values,home of the most fortune 500 companies etc

Yes they have their problems but CA.TX and NY are the crown jewels of this country and you know it

#42     Aug 29, 2011
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Highest real estate values are in Texas? Hmmm...I'm kinda doubting that. CA and NY, okay. But, Texas?

#43     Aug 29, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

The consummate admission of defeat.

#44     Aug 29, 2011
  5. DrEvil

DrEvil

Kind of off topic. Ever notice that often the Public sector claims to promote a policy of Diversity and Equality at the same time regarding recruitment, promotions etc. Can someone explain to me how they are not mutually exclusive?

#45     Aug 29, 2011
  6. No, they aren't. I've supported that assertion with objective facts. California is a beautiful place geographically speaking, certainly. However, it's got terrible social metrics. High crime, poor education, violence, low employment, low wages, and oh yeah... bankrupt... Also, the City of Atlanta alone has more fortune 500 companies than anywhere in California. California has one of the most horrible real estate markets in the nation too.

TX has more people working at or below minimum wage than any other state in the nation. It has some of the poorest education, and is one of the least literate states in the nation. It has almost the worst average SAT and ACT scores in the nation. Despite the energy boom, average Texas wages have only gone up .6% while the nations wages went up 5%, IN A RECESSION. Also, TX hasn't got nearly the highest home values, it's on the lower end (I personally think that's a good thing, to be fair). TX leads the nation in illiteracy, and is one of the few places in the nation with MORE per capita debt than California.

I don't understand how you could possibly try to spin these states as being the "jewels" of this country. That's not supported by any social metric quantitative data.

NY doesn't apply, because it's far from being the one of the most diverse states.

In any case, why are you cherry picking lines which you falsely think you can refute? Why are you not being ethical and addressing all my points? Why are you not answering my question? Please do so. Thanks.

#46     Aug 29, 2011
  7. I meant mostly CA and NY for that example

#47     Aug 29, 2011
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Okay.

#48     Aug 29, 2011
  9. CA has 53 fortune 500 companies,GA has 13

According to coldwell banker five of the top ten most expensive real estate markets in the nation are in CA

#49     Aug 29, 2011
  10. What I said was that Atlanta, GA has more fortune 500 companies than anywhere in California and it does. The closest place in California to Atlanta is San Francisco, with 8.

Why are you cherry picking lines which you falsely think you can refute? Why are you not being ethical and addressing all my points? Why are you not answering my question? Please start being a more ethical debater and address my points and answer my question. Thanks.

#50     Aug 29, 2011