Minority Babies Almost the Majority

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Really? Professors like "Tariq Modood" and "Bhikhu Parekh" would disagree?! Well I just can't imagine why??!! :D

Great men like Abe Lincoln would disagree? He thought diversity was a great thing? Why then did he plan to deport all the slaves back to kick all the slaves out, and deport them back to Africa following emancipation then? Wouldn't he want that great diversity and all it's gifts?

Why aren't you answering my question?

#31     Aug 29, 2011
  2. America is not make believe

#32     Aug 29, 2011
  3. Nor is it the most diverse nation on Earth. Now, if you'll please quit dodging my points, and ignoring my questions...

#33     Aug 29, 2011

4. Tariq Modood (born 1952) is Professor of Sociology, Politics and Public Policy at the University of Bristol (1997- ). Modood is the founding Director of the Centre for the Study of Ethnicity and Citizenship and one of the leading authorities on ethnic minorities in Britain. He was awarded an MBE for services to social sciences and ethnic relations in the 2001 New Year Honours list and elected to the Academy of Social Sciences in 2004

Modood holds a bachelors and masters degree from the University of Durham, a PGCE from University College Cardiff and a PhD from University College Swansea.[3] Following fellowships at Nuffield College, Oxford and the University of Manchester, Modood was a Senior Research Fellow at the Policy Studies Institute, London (1993-97)

Modood's research interests include racism, racial equality, multiculturalism and secularism. Modood was the principal researcher involved in the Fourth National Survey of Ethnic Minorities in Britain published as Ethnic Minorities in Britain: Diversity and Disadvantage by the Policy Studies Institute at the University of Westminster in 1997

But of course all you look at is his name

#34     Aug 29, 2011
  5. #35     Aug 29, 2011
  6. Very well:

Robert David Putnam (born January 9, 1941,[1] in Rochester, New York) is a political scientist and professor of public policy at the Harvard University John F. Kennedy School of Government. He is also visiting professor and director of the Manchester Graduate Summer Programme in Social Change, University of Manchester (UK). Putnam developed the influential two-level game theory that assumes international agreements will only be successfully brokered if they also result in domestic benefits. His most famous (and controversial) work, Bowling Alone, argues that the United States has undergone an unprecedented collapse in civic, social, associational, and political life (social capital) since the 1960s, with serious negative consequences.

Putnam graduated from Swarthmore College in 1963, won a Fulbright Fellowship to study at Balliol College, Oxford, and went on to earn master's and doctorate degrees from Yale University, the latter in 1970. He taught at the University of Michigan until going to Harvard in 1979, where he has held a variety of positions, including Dean of the Kennedy School, and is currently the Malkin Professor of Public Policy. Putnam was born as a religiously observant Methodist. Around the time of his marriage, he converted to Judaism, his wife's religion.[2]
    His first work in the area of social capital was Making Democracy Work: Civic Traditions in Modern Italy, a comparative study of regional governments in Italy which drew great scholarly attention for its argument that the success of democracies depends in large part on the horizontal bonds that make up social capital.

I'd say "my academic is more credible than yours", which is absolutely true, but it's really not necessary. As your esteemed "Dr. Modood", has made a career of highlighting the problems associated with multiculturalism and diversity. He would never deny that there are immense problems, he just thinks for some reason that white nations are obligated to tolerate and try to overcome them.

Now, why are you ignoring my points and failing to answer my question?

#36     Aug 29, 2011
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Why are some of you so interested in what some "professor" has to say? Do you need to hear from the "professor" to understand what is going on in your own freaking country???

#37     Aug 29, 2011
  8. Which has around 7 million people and ranks high in diversity due to languages but ranks low when it comes to different ethnicitys .Most (80% )of the population is a rural and its one of the world's least explored countries culturally and geographically.Sorry but that is nothing like diversity such as The US and the other countries I mentioned

#38     Aug 29, 2011
  9. I disagree

#39     Aug 29, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

And as usual you'd be wrong.

You've been bitch slapped, corn holed, punked, eviscerated, pulverized and beat up 14 ways to Sunday just today in this thread alone. You're done, you're just to stupid to know it.

#40     Aug 29, 2011