Minority Babies Almost the Majority

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, Aug 29, 2011.

1. BSAM

BSAM

But, hold up, Lukie...Adding to/changing a quote of another member isn't fair either. (You do realize that as the only true voice of reason here on ET, it is incumbent upon me to point out this obvious discrepancy.)

#21     Aug 29, 2011
  2. Multiculturalism is a nice idea, but an epic failure. The evidence is overwhelming.

Read the following article about Harvard Professor Robert Putnam’s research and you'll see why.

"A Harvard political scientist finds that diversity hurts civic life. What happens when a liberal scholar unearths an inconvenient truth?"

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/

#22     Aug 29, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

So...who won "the game" this past weekend?

:)

#23     Aug 29, 2011
  4. Numerical limits on births must be placed on those more likely to commit crimes later in life.

#24     Aug 29, 2011

5. Professors like C. James Trotman, Tariq Modood,Bhikhu Parekh etc disagree.Great men like Martin Luther King,Abe Lincoln etc would also disagree

#25     Aug 29, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Probably, add those likely to be stupid later in life though and YOU wouldn't be here.

#26     Aug 29, 2011
  7. BSAM

BSAM

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

#27     Aug 29, 2011
  8. Go back to Africa, and take Obama Husein with you.

#28     Aug 29, 2011
  9. People can disagree with Putnam all they want, but they have no evidence to suport their conclusions. Professor Putnam's scientific inquiry is the most extensive ever done and virtually every major political scientist at every major university agrees with the conclusions of his research.

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/

If you choose to ignore the overwhelming scientific evidence and live in a make-believe world that is your choice. At some point, most people stop believing in the Easter Bunny.

#29     Aug 29, 2011
  10. Actually you couldn't be more wrong. The most diverse nation in the world is Papa New Guinea, which is ranked among the worst places in the world to live. India comes in after them. These two nations lead the world in diversity, that's what reality shows.

Further, the "best states" by your standards include TX and CA, which are two of the most indebted states in the Union. Those two states are wrecked financially, even by contemporary standards. California has one of the higher unemployment rates in the nation, and TX has a higher unemployment rate than half the nation. Between December 2007 and April 2011, weekly wages in the U.S. increased by about 5 percent. In the state of Texas they increased by just 0.6% over that same time period, while CA's actually fell according to many sources.
    Texas ranks 36th in the nation in high school graduation rates. An estimated 3.8 million Texans do not have a high school diploma.

• Texas ranks 49th in verbal SAT scores, 47th in literacy and 46th in average math SAT scores.

•  Texas ranks 33rd in the nation on teacher salaries.

• Texas ranks 36th in the nation in high school graduation rates. An estimated 3.8 million Texans do not have a high school diploma.

California's education stats are even worse, which I think you already know. I can go dig them up if you want to refute it, but I think I've made my point.

Texas has the highest percentage of workers making minimum wage out of all 50 states.

Contrary to your assertion, NY is not one of the more diverse states, you were just abjectly incorrect on that one. NYC, of course, is highly diverse but the state of NY, not nearly as much.

Canada is nowhere near as diverse as America, which is precisely why they don't understand all the "racism" in America. America is only 66% white, I believe Canada is still roughly 90. To illustrate what that means, Canada is about as white as America was in the late 50s.

I don't know the figure for France off hand, but the UK is also still over 90% white. None of the nations you've mentioned are anywhere near as diverse as Papa New Guinea, Brazil, or India.

Ever want to know what America's most diverse city is? You can read about it here:

Welcome to America's Most Diverse City
    In Sacramento, everyone's a minority. So why is there still racial tension?
    http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,340694,00.html

Virtually all the data says, contrary to your assertion, that the problems diversity brings are NOT due to racism and inequality. Rather, diversity CAUSES racism and inequality.

You'll take note of the fact that you have still failed to name any tangible, concrete, observable benefits of "diversity", I'm still expecting an answer to that question. As you'll note, I've pointed out many tangible, concrete, observable disadvantages.

#30     Aug 29, 2011