Minority Babies Almost the Majority

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Nowhere in any shape form or fashion am I or have I asked for a debate. I asked a simple question. Which you have now avoided repeatedly.

HOW IS MORE DIVERSITY "BETTER"?

#11     Aug 29, 2011
  2. Questions leads to debate if you don't agree with the answer to the question you idiot

For future reference if you want someone to answer your question dont call them a moron first.Your mother should have taught you that

#12     Aug 29, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

NOT if I don't "debate" your answer to my question which you refuse to answer - you idiot.

#13     Aug 29, 2011
  4. And how is that? I'm curious because nearly ever study shows that diversity is not better, by an common understanding of the term "better".

Diversity is associated with higher rates of crime, poverty and inequality, lower levels of trust in community, lower levels of civic engagement, lower voter turnout, less volunteer effort, less charitable donation and effort, just to name a few.

In the most diverse communities, neighbors trust one another about half as much as they do in the most homogenous settings. Studies have found that virtually all measures of civic health are lower in more diverse settings. Indeed, the scientific data is conclusive and it's concluded that "Greater diversity equals more misery."

Indeed, you'd be hard placed to point out any real, tangible benefits which are objectively advantageous that "diversity" has ever delivered. You'd be equally hard pressed to point out one society with large scale diversity, comparable in magnitude to that of the United States which it hasn't been highly problematic and wrought with problems and in many cases, tragedies.

I'll be fully expecting you, as an ethical intellectual and fair debater which you proclaim to be, to answer these questions and address these points.

#14     Aug 29, 2011
  5. Brazil is the best country on Earth? :confused:

[​IMG]

EDIT: Haha, I just had to share this. It turns out the most diverse country on Earth is not Brazil, but Papa New Guinea. It also happens to be ranked as one of the worst places to live. I'm sure you'll tell me that's a coincidence though, right?

#15     Aug 29, 2011
  6. BSAM

BSAM

I'm not a racist, as you accused Lucrum of being. I'm not too sure about this "racial diversity" thingy, as I understand it.

#16     Aug 29, 2011
  7. Reality is better then any study imo.Reality shows the the most diverse country to be the best country.The best states also happen to be the most diverse,New York,CA,Texas

I would consider England,France,Canada etc comparable in magnitude to that of the United States and they are pretty diverse and among the best countries in the world as well

The problems diversity brings are mostly due to racism and inequality not diversity

#17     Aug 29, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

That's pretty much what I thought.

#18     Aug 29, 2011
  9. Brazil is not the most diverse country on earth

#19     Aug 29, 2011
  10. BSAM

BSAM

So, far, Ak, you are losing the debate.

#20     Aug 29, 2011