Minority Babies Almost the Majority

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Haya El Nasser, USA Today, August 25, 2011

White infants are on the verge of being displaced as the majority of newborns now that nearly half of babies in the USA are ethnic and racial minorities.

Only 50.2% of babies under age 1 are white and not Hispanic, according to the 2010 Census—a sharp decline from 57.6% just 10 years earlier.

“We are almost at a minority-majority infant population,” says Brookings Institution demographer William Frey, who analyzed the latest Census data. “We probably have passed it since the Census was taken” in April 2010.

{snip}

Steady growth in the number of young U.S. Hispanics who have more children than whites is shrinking the ranks of non-Hispanic whites.

{snip}

In rural areas, the number of white children declined by more than 1 million or almost 10% from 2000 to 2010, says Kenneth Johnson, demographer at the University of New Hampshire’s Carsey Institute.

The number of young white women of child-bearing age is declining while there is an increase in minority women of child-bearing age, Johnson says.

{snip}

The nationwide changes are redefining who is a minority and who is not.

“These little babies … by the time they get to be in their 20s and 30s, the current racial and ethnic categories … won’t have anything close to the meaning that (they have) today,” Frey says. “When they think about white majority, it’ll be something in the history books.”

http://www.usatoday.com/news/parent...inority-babies-almost-the-majority/50127816/1

2. Great !!! The more diversity the better :)

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Better" for what?

You really are a moron.

4. And you really are a racist

5. These kinds of stories come out all the time yet when you look at the census data, there is very very little change.

I think whites were already supposed to be the minority at this point according to back in the day predictions. I think we were supposed to have flying cars also.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Are you really that stupid?

Better for what, as in how is it better?

7. pspr

pspr

Isn't every minority baby issued a handgun before they leave the maternity ward?

8. 1.Lucrum stop denying that you are a racist...or maybe you're to stupid to realize it

2.Don't expect serious debate when you start off with insults you racist moron

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Stop dodging the question...or maybe you're too stupid to realize you are.

Like this one?
    Anyway, nowhere in any shape form or fashion am I or have I asked for a debate. I asked a simple question.

HOW IS MORE DIVERSITY "BETTER"?

10. This was my first post in the thread you idiot which was insulting to no one.

Now had you responded to that post without calling me a moron we could be debating why the most diverse country on earth happens to be the best country on earth but you choose to make it shit name calling thread so thats what it is you racist fudge packing moron

#10     Aug 29, 2011