minorities always crying !!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dookie, May 27, 2003.

1. The problem with affirmative action is it stigmatizes minorities who may have achieved on their own. Frankly, I don't want a black doctor who is the medical equivalent of Jayson Blair, but you have no real way of knowing. So you tend to be cautious.

The other problem with affirmative action is the beneficiaries tend to be disproportionately middle and upper class blacks, who really don't need or deserve the assistance. Few have a problem with giving a helping hand to those who are genuinely disadvantaged, if it is done on a colorblind basis. Frankly, I can't see why Colon Powell's kids deserve advantages over some poor hillbilly's kid.

I also find it infuriating that immigrants can arrive here and immediately be a favored minority due to skin color or "ethnicity." Why should they be able to butt in line ahead of people who have paid taxes to this country for generations?

#11     May 28, 2003
  2. dookie

dookie

EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND THE FIRST THING THAT DOESNT GO THEIR WAY, THEY BITCH AND COMPLAIN

#12     May 28, 2003
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

I cant speak for the rest, but i can assure you that my struggles have been 10 fold what you may or may not have had growing up. So did I get some money tossed my way when i was a Gator through certain minority programs....hell ya. and I was more than happy to use it to further my chances in the USA....are there people that bitch and complain when they find out the grass sometimes isnt greener on the other side, of course...But as a whole, i can only say this...we took this mother fucking city by storm and now control mostly all positions of importance....in other words no crying just spankin that mother fucking asss....peace

p.s. triple A you just let me know when u run out of gloria's . It would be my pleasure to fed ex you a new box of stogies.....

p.s.s.... besides we all know who the real cry babies are....

#13     May 28, 2003
  4. You won't have to. The system will skew itself long before that to make sure that you won't get to the point of needing a break in the same way minorities do.

Here's the subtle example in the Ruben issue. Have you noticed that this seems to be the one instance where the #2 guy makes it to most of the same engagements/tapings/media events?

Before the competition was even over, the moguls had announced that they were ALREADY recording both artists. Maybe they knew the outcome was certain then? The solution was very simple, take the #1 guy and honor the agreement. Tell the #2 guy that he could try again next year.

But your understanding wouldn't find playing them both odd, just businesswise. And therein lies the issue. In this instance, where the white guy loses, it's businesswise to keep them both!

My proof about this setup? Tell me right now, who was the #2 person last year and where is that CD/movie deal? It's this subtle, businesswise, adjustment to issues and rules when it comes to whites and general discipline that makes minorities question sincerity.

Look at the hazing incident in the Illinois high school. It's ok to quietly brush this aside so as to not hurt the children's futures. After all, it's not an assault if it has been allowed to happen over the past years as a ritual. And by the way, seal the records so that this incident can't be used against them. And yea, make it against the law to tell the colleges that they apply to that they might have had some criminal behavior. You see, we can't hurt their futures!

And the penalty? They must quietly finish out their school years, agree to not write books or enter into a movie deal about the incident and not go on TV. All of which is being court challenged as we write. Can you say, A-D-J-U-S-T-M-E-N-T OF THE RULES! :)

#14     May 28, 2003
  5. There are plenty of white doctors equivalent to (and worse than) Jason Blair. I believe that's why a good portion of malpractice is where it is today. We repeatedly use the term "Quack" in reference to some of the tradesmen there, yet I dare say that we are not discussing the racial nature of the individual. And with the buy-a-degree program's out there (which were not started to advance minorities) who knows what goes on in some of those cases?

I would seriously beg to differ with you here. And maybe you should define things a little better. Affirmative Action for me means that I can use the same bathroom as you, I can go to the same restaurant as you, I can not be denied a job because I am NOT white, that I can live where I choose, that the laws that apply to you about violation of your person also apply evenly to me, etc. And while I should not need a law to denote that, history would lead us all to understand that it was a necessity in this free and fair country. That, is the true Affirmative Action that was desired by the civil rights laws.

Now, the programs/handouts of some of the aid that you elude to have hampered many, not just minorities. Politicians NEVER LOOK TO SEE IF THE PROGRAM IS AFFORDABLE OR SOUND, JUST IF IT GETS MORE PARTY VOTES COME THE NEXT ELECTION. They all can quote some unknown experts about the need for the programs, but none of these experts ever are held accountable when things fail.

And the democratic party would have us believe that we are but one program expansion/extension from having enough to get things to be fair. I will be one of the first to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you to look at what we can do to address limiting, and possibly eliminating, some of those cash draining failures. And that has nothing to do with race!

So you intend to do what? I hear so many speak to the problems, but the answers and solutions are few and far between. I would also say this, if the only way they got there was to butt in line, then you shouldn't worry. They won't be there long as it takes skill/talent/ability to stay there and as you know, they clearly can't have that.

Further, you really should be happy with this whole thing in that the person in line that they get to butt -- Jason Blair! :)

#15     May 28, 2003
  6. dookie

dookie

his name is justin gurainni. he has an album out and a movie out.

any other questions !!

#16     May 28, 2003
  7. LOL!

That's all you have to say?

You totally disregard the points about successful minority groups and then make another IGNORANT sweeping statement about "us not crying about every little thing," "us" of course meaning whites.

So I ask again, how about the MILLIONS of white people on welfare?

I know too many immigrants who came to this country, both a long time ago and recently, and they got where they are because of one major reason: they worked their asses off. And they usually started in very low-paying, what you would most likely consider demeaning positions, but went on to great success. Many of them couldn't even speak English when they came, but they studied hard and learned.

Furthermore, if you think the immigrants in the early part of the 20th century were showered with benefits and put ahead of the line, you're even more ignorant than you first appear. They were "showered" with disdain, prejudice, and outright hostility.
    They worked for everything they got.

You're a fool.

#17     May 28, 2003
  8. dookie

dookie

how about going back to the first post.....................you are totally off subject .....RETARD

#18     May 28, 2003
  9. FIRST POST:
    I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T

#19     May 28, 2003
  10. "Affirmative Action for me means that I can use the same bathroom as you, I can go to the same restaurant as you, I can not be denied a job because I am NOT white, that I can live where I choose, that the laws that apply to you about violation of your person also apply evenly to me, etc."

that's not affirmative action, thats equal rights laws, and laws against descrimination.

affirmative action is something completely different!

Affirmative action is government enforced Bias. Currently it only effects white males in any significant fashion, so nobody cares. BUT, if it was aimed at any other group, it would clearly be seen as racist and sexist.

#20     May 28, 2003