Mining my own business

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by nitro, Nov 4, 2009.

1. nitro

nitro

I need to analyze/mine huge amounts of data that I have loaded into MySQL. Does anyone know of a product that sits ontop of MySQL the way that Microsoft Analysis Services sits ontop of MSSQL Server? In particular, are there Neural Net tools (or other time series analysis tools) that work with a MySQL database?

Some of my Googling has led me to Pentaho

http://www.pentaho.com/services/?_k...79fcaeba3f67&gclid=CMWwvfjj8p0CFZAC5wod9jqHLQ

But I think this is Java based, and if possible, I would like to do my analysis from within C#, C++, .Net. I realize that Pentaho is a tool that sits ontop of Java, and I probably do not need to interact that much with Java during analysis, but what happens when I want to use the analysis on a live stream?

Thanks in advance.

2. Any reason not getting a copy of SQL Server, somewhere?

3. nitro

nitro

Yep, but I am thinking that maybe I can do a hybrid solution by mixing operating systems and databases.

4. And what does that buy you? How does that affect the final outcome? Your results won't change by using a hybrid solution.

Use the tools that get the job done. I see this in the IT field all the time - using certain technology or technologies just for the hell of it.