Minimum Wage ... Unbelivable?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by empee, Jul 28, 2006.

1. hans37

hans37

If you are at the bottom of the economic foodchain, there IS A REASON and no legislation will change that.

Don't bring up poverty because
    poverty in the US includes people who own their own homes ,cars ,tv ( widescreen) , AC, microwave ,vcr , dvd, cell phone, .

The only chief characteristics are multiple out of wedlock children and a lack of WORK(you know employment) to be followed by substance abuse and maladaptive behavior.

#51     Jul 29, 2006
  2. All this from an increase in the minimum wage in Britain???? LOL! Can you tell me when the last industrial or business achievement took place in Britain??? I mean hasn't Britain been in general decline for decades now?

I'd hate to pattern anything after Britain.

OldTrader

#52     Jul 29, 2006
  3. Waaa. Don't forget the inflation threads, like the recent one Today's PPI number at 8:30.

I really wanted the conspiracy theorists to come out of the woodwork on that one. I probably should go back to updating my cpi thread or maybe dig up the dollar is crashing threads, or the bond market is gonna crash and all those threads that just aren't around anymore. Maybe the conspiracy theorists can't post much from their insurance salesman jobs. boohoo.

I just recently opened up an E*Trade account cause my other accounts went over the $100k number. For some reason, I like to open a new account, start back at zero and run it up. I guess its kinda weird but they appear to have new toys to play with on their site.

Now children this poster appears to be a Republican who doesn't appreciate some of the things I post over in the chit chat area. Now in a civil world we would keep our displeasure solely in that area of the site but we live in the "swift boat era" where even if you do contribute in one informative way in one area, its totally negated in the eyes of our "swift boat" friends who find displeasure elsewhere and must attack and delete you from further discussion.

Edit: And surprise Pabst is here, I wonder if Mean Reversion is Pabst? Is Osama still dead in swift boat land?

#53     Jul 29, 2006
  4. Pabst

Pabst

That made my day!:D

#54     Jul 29, 2006
  5. no it hasnt; biz has been boomin' since labor took office. and yeah all that and sure theres more that am not aware at the moment due to the min wage increase.

#55     Jul 29, 2006
  6. Pabst

Pabst

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=12
    The unemployment rate in the U.K. is rising.......

#56     Jul 29, 2006
  7. #57     Jul 29, 2006
  8. Bitstream:

You should acquaint yourself with the global economic boom which has swept up all countries that I'm aware of....Britain included. Whatever good is taking place in Britain is doubtless due to that, not an increase in the minimum wage. Looks like your political party has you well indoctrinated.

OldTrader

#58     Jul 29, 2006
  9. i am no fun of labor or of any party for that matter but the conservatives are atrocious, their policies suck and rather choose the lesser of the 2 evils. of course its not due to min wages that eco is strong but they've shown to help well beyond expectations. listen, dont u need some1 who sweeps your household garabage and another who serves your big mac...why have they got both to be paid famen wages when theres more there enough money to go around to let the WHOLE world live a decent standard of life, those jobs are necessary innit, u cant argue for poeple to get qualified and get better jobs, we have no robots replacin' em yet, innit.

#59     Jul 29, 2006
  10. LOL.

This thread is proof of my old signature (the more deeply buried the "belief" and the Older the Trader the greater the truth and the less likely one is to see it).

Also great use of "lies, damned lies, and statistics."

I still see no evidence here of a reason for the poor in the US not to shoot the rich (and neither do some of them.)
    Good luck in your UStopia :)

#60     Jul 29, 2006