Minimum Wage ... Unbelivable?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by empee, Jul 28, 2006.

1. zdreg

zdreg

from the previous post by Jamis
    "if you shrink the middle class too much, no one will be able to afford to buy the goods and services the corporations produce! Surplus production and lack of demand, hmm, sounds like a recipe for economic depression to me."

excessive profits leads to surplus production which leads to depression.

straight out of karl marx and discredited communist theory. when you post don't forget to mention your source.

#161     Jul 30, 2006
  2. How can you say they're "propaganda" without even reading them? I guess the facts are too confusing for you.

Your legacy costs argument needs more elaboration and evidence. You haven't proven anything.

Nevertheless, the facts are what they are, even if you are too stubborn or lazy to accept them.

#162     Jul 30, 2006
  3. This makes sense. Unfortunately, the House just passed the MW bill IN TANDEM with a $310b tax cut for the super-wealthy (only applies to multi-million dollar estates). Raising the minimum wage to price out lowest skilled workers, while simultaneously reducing taxes even more which decreases state ability to care for those priced out. Bill goes to the Senate this week.

Such conscientious representatives we have fighting for our hard earned tax dollars on Capitol Hill.

#163     Jul 30, 2006
  4. You have it wrong.

Democrats do not propose taxing those deep in poverty.

But Republicans do, in particular, the largely Republican body of Alabama voters believe that it is just to tax a family making $4,600 a year.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/050424/taxes.shtml

#164     Jul 30, 2006
  5. hans37

hans37

yep I think it immoral to exempt people (in total) from paying modest tax rates only to require others to pick up the slack through higher rates.

#165     Jul 30, 2006
  6. bsmeter

bsmeter

It is not the governments job to mandate wage limits. The market should dictate that.

However what the government can do, is set up a system where those whose skills have no value can re train themselves into a higher valued skill set.

#166     Jul 31, 2006
  7. hans37

hans37

yeah ,it's called public school/university and low interest educational loans.

#167     Jul 31, 2006
  8. Arnie

Arnie

I agree. Over 43 million WORKING Americans pay NO TAX and in some cases get a "refund". This opens a big can of worms. I think a graduated income tax scale is fair, but to exempt a huge portion of workers is just wrong. Taxes are a duty, not a a form of punishment.

#168     Jul 31, 2006
  9. pattersb

pattersb Guest

anyone else find this idiotic rant ridiculous in its irony.

...it's frustrating to hear people speak authoritatively about things they don't know much about

:D

Oh save us, Enlightened One, from our debilitating ignorance.

Type of person that lables everyone not as "intelligent" as himself fools, than works himself into a tizzy about how we are obligated to help the less fortunate.

Sorry for the "emotion", self-righteous idiots raise my Ire'

#169     Jul 31, 2006