Minimum Wage Job Better For Some Than $60,000/Year Job.. Entitlement Run Amok!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Jan 7, 2011.

1. In Entitlement America, The Head Of A Household Of Four Making Minimum Wage Has More Disposable Income Than A Family Making $60,000 A Year

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 11/21/2010 23:18 -0500
    • Federal Tax
    Tonight's stunning financial piece de resistance comes from Wyatt Emerich of The Cleveland Current. In what is sure to inspire some serious ire among all those who once believed Ronald Reagan that it was the USSR that was the "Evil Empire", Emmerich analyzes disposable income and economic benefits among several key income classes and comes to the stunning (and verifiable) conclusion that "a one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year." And that excludes benefits from Supplemental Security Income disability checks. America is now a country which punishes those middle-class people who not only try to work hard, but avoid scamming the system. Not surprisingly, it is not only the richest and most audacious thieves that prosper - it is also the penny scammers at the very bottom of the economic ladder that rip off the middle class each and every day, courtesy of the world's most generous entitlement system:

This chart tells the story….

The chart is quite revealing. A one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year.
    And if that wasn't enough, here is one that will blow your mind:
    If the family provider works only one week a month at minimum wage, he or she makes 92 percent as much as a provider grossing $60,000 a year!

2. olias

olias

assuming the numbers are correct, then we can agree that this is a messed up situation that must be addressed. Wow...this really highlights how messed up our tax code is.

3. And I ask the question: which race is predominantly engaged in these scams?

4. Thanks for posting.

5. Lemme guess... the race which voted 98% FOR Odumbo's election?

6. Indeed.

7. jem

jem

That right there is what is wrong with america.

And those traitors in Congress want to raise taxes... to do what... support that type of scam.

Obama just wants to spread the wealth around.
    its already been spread so much he has the working class working two jobs. So that scammers dont work at all.

8. FYI...you forgot to add WIC to that, not to mention that someone making minimum wage will get childcare assistance increasing their available cash.

9. lindq

lindq

Since when did the President of the U.S. start writing the tax code?

I must have missed that change in the Constitution.

10. I honestly feel no ill will towards anyone gaming the system if the system is that broken. I will put my hand up as an investor and businessman to having gamed the system.

#10     Jan 8, 2011