Mini Dow Simulator??

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Chitown, Jul 24, 2003.

1. You're welcome.

Btw, 50 YM points and 15 NQ points was very do-able this afternoon in the span of 45 minutes. I was busy installing a new software and fiddling with it so only got a little bit of the pie.

-FastTrader :)

#21     Jul 24, 2003
  2. Assuming you are making $175 a day from your 35 trades. a small increase in Commissions to $4 is going to hurt a lot, and even a single tick of slippage is going to wipe you out and you would expect to get slippage, even if because of your own hesitancy or not being fast enough to catch the price, or missing getting a fill or anything.

That is very tight indeed, and in the real world is probably closer to breaking even. It also begs the question why do you not let the profits run a little further or slightly re-arrange your parameters so that you get more out of each winner?

But, oh boy! - that sounds like seriously hard work.

Best

Natalie

#22     Jul 24, 2003
  3. nitro

nitro

No.

nitro

#23     Jul 24, 2003
  4. In that case, you should open an acct. with IB and use Futures-Trader simulator since it uses the real-time data feed from IB and is very realistic, i.e., it won't fill your order unless an actual trade occurs at that price in real-time.

-FastTrader :cool:

#24     Jul 24, 2003
  5. damir00

damir00 Guest

i agree. it's not real world until your ass in on the line for real dollars.

#25     Jul 24, 2003
  6. Even then it will assume your order is at the front of the queue if you are crossing the market or using a limit target exit while in reality you might not get a fill at your price.

The only safe way is to get 1 tick beyond for testing purposes - that way you deffinitely got filled...

Best

Natalie

#26     Jul 24, 2003
  7. Yep.

-FastTrader

#27     Jul 24, 2003
  8. what ever happened?

#28     Jul 14, 2007
  9. djxput

djxput

WoW increasenow ... did you just bring up a thread that was 4 years old?

True I wonder what happened with the guy but I doubt he even looks at this forum.

#29     Jul 14, 2007