Mini Dow Simulator??

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Chitown, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Btw, what prop firm are you with? You can PM me about it if you'd rather not post it hee.

-FastTrader

#11     Jul 24, 2003
  2. Chitown

Chitown

NEXT

#12     Jul 24, 2003
  3. Would it make you feel better if I said $175/day is freakin AWESOME? :D

-FastTrader :p

#13     Jul 24, 2003
  4. Chitown

Chitown

LOL, I wasn't looking for that. I was looking for a realistic and honest answer. I know 175 isn't anything great. I was looking for what would be a realistic figure that new traders ACTUALLY MAKE, not what they WANT TO MAKE.

#14     Jul 24, 2003
  5. Yea, and I told you around $400 is realistic but for some reason you can't stand the thought of making $400 a day. Especially considering the # of trades you make per day; $400 shouldn't be a big deal. If you average 3 points per trade, you're looking at around $400 NET

What's wrong?

-FastTrader

#15     Jul 24, 2003
  6. Chitown

Chitown

I don't know, I guess I'm looking at this wrong. I have been told to expect to make around $40K your first year.

I have also been told by people who actually trade Dow Futures on the screen and in the pit as well as people in Treasury pits that not to expect much more your first few years.

I am coming from being a Financial Advisor and am on pace to make around 60K my first year.

#16     Jul 24, 2003
  7. Did you trade today? Did you short the YM when it was +40 for the day....did you see it drop 80 points within 20 minutes this afternoon?

And why are you letting other people set your goals?

-FastTrader :cool:

#17     Jul 24, 2003
  8. Chitown

Chitown

I traded today but wasn't in the market during that drop.

I'm not letting them dictate my goals to me I asked them what to realistically expect. They are the ones who are getting me the job so I figured they would know.

I only trade 1 contract at a time, am I doing that right. I'll risk 8 to make 10.

#18     Jul 24, 2003
  9. Trading 1-lot is fine. It's actually the smart way to go for a new trader.

Sky's the limit man! Forget 'what to expect', and just do your thing. Trade 1 contract and shoot for 40-50 points per day. Once you're consistently doing well, add another contract.

-FastTrader :)

#19     Jul 24, 2003
  10. Chitown

Chitown

thanks

#20     Jul 24, 2003