Mini black Friday

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pumpanddumper, Sep 7, 2007.

1. mmm hmmm. Yes, I do like that short IWM part. Long to SPX if you have to , but certainly short the IWM.

#11     Sep 7, 2007
  2. No offense, but the recession is now REAL, and that's not good for business.

Just imagine if they hadn't added 122,000 jobs to the reported numbers. They added 15,000 construction and 4,000 manufacturing, and 11,000 Financial jobs. Talk about silly! That's a number misreported by at least 30,000, IMO. I think those adjustments should be negative, not positive.

#12     Sep 8, 2007
  3. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

2 years is long term for these hedge funds...these funds who run this market don't last long. they just take the retard investors money and play with it and burn it..look at those mortgage subprime 'investors'

these subprime mortgage hedge funds investors were 'insitutions' and investors of banks! those funds weren't even 3 year old and gone bust.

#13     Sep 8, 2007
  4. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

Recession: a sudden decrease in demand and immediate halt in buying.

for some stocks it's a complete halt in bids. no bids at all.

#14     Sep 8, 2007
  5. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

the bid is 67% of the ask price.

#15     Sep 8, 2007
  6. da-net

da-net

I am not a chicken little nor am I a proverbial optimist, but looking at the chart of the DJX , it looks like it may be a double H&S pattern which I remember reading about but can't remember anything else. The chart also shows me that the volume on this latest rally was a little low when compared to the last retracement.

Hey fellas how about adding some info here. If we get a close today @ current levels...have we confirmed the double H&S pattern or does it need a little more wiggle room? What am I missing?

• djx.jpg
      File size:
      104.4 KB
      Views:
    #16     Sep 10, 2007
  7. You should see what looks like a big dagger going straight in.

#17     Sep 10, 2007
  8. Will black monday come one day early?

#18     Oct 12, 2007
  9. we have a Black Sunday thread you know.

#19     Oct 12, 2007